Why become a member? ×

Fender Squire VM P bass with '08 USA p/u

krispn

I've got to move on some stuff on as the end of the year approaches so up for grabs is my Vintage Modified P bass.

The spec is below:

Model Name Vintage Modified Precision Bass - Olympic White
Body Agathis
Neck Maple, C-Shape,
Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets 20 Medium Jumbo
Bridge Standard 4-Saddle
Pickguard 3-Ply Black/White/Black
Scale Length 34” (864 mm)
Width at Nut 1.625” (41.3 mm)

The bass plays really nice and is ideally suited to those who favour a Jazz neck profile. Its slim and fast and my band mates prefer the feel of this to my USA P bass (but I love that neck profile Im more P than J myself)

I've recently rewired the Squire with new, quality wire, fitted it with CTS pots and I took the p/u from my '08 P bass (which I replaced with a Nordstrand NP4)and whacked that in there too to complete the package. Finally I added a new Sprague 'orange drop' cap to replace the little lentil sized thing that was originally in there. The USA p/u sounds great and is slightly hotter than the NP4 - a great P sound with thump and clarity depending on the tone knob position which now sounds great through the whole range of it taper from bright and upfront to deep and thumpy.

I'm asking for £225 which is a great deal but do feel free to make offers close to that. Im not after any trades as I have some stuff incoming that I need to gather cash for. Im happy to split the P+P with the buyer should that be a deal breaker!

Ideally this bass would be great as a 'beginner+' bass - cheaper than a MIM and better feeling and sounding- but wouls equally be at home in the arsenal of the regular gigging player due to it's light weight, great tone and playability. I have a 4 string I love to play and a 5 due any day now so I need to sadly let this one go.

Get in touch and I'll get pic's up tomorrow. Im happy to answer any other questions via PM.

Cheers

Edited by krispn

• 3 weeks later...

This bass has just been sold but...

Ian
I'd have to check its origins - I notice I didn't list that in the spec but yeah I'm sure they all come from the same place

Webby

The neck has a jazz profile so its much slimmer than my USA P bass but for my preference the USA is smoother, it's got rolled edges and feels instantly at home for me. I just prefer the dimensions to the VM plus going back to the P4 after the P5 is a wonderful slinky experience!!

I believe the amp is a Vox VR? It belongs to one of the other bands that use the room and I rarely look at it. Its a nice amp though - looks the part eh!

Sadly the bass has been sold but thank you for the interest.

Gavin

Edited by krispn