Why become a member? ×

Killing Vegas in Horsham- 29th October

PauBass

:)

My band [size=4][font="Arial Black"]Killing Vegas[/font][/size] played Heat 3 of Horsham Battle Of The Bands and made it through to the Final which is held in the town centre on Friday 29th October from around 7pm.
Any support would be grand as the other bands are gonna be top notch which should make for a very good final.

Footage from last nights gig, Battle Of The Bands Heat 3..We won and we've made it to the final!!!

Please, come and support us, it will be highly appreciated....More details to follow. Edited by PauBass

Good work! Good luck for the final.

I lived in Horsham in the early 1990s and my first ever band was in the Battle of the Bands three years running. We came 2nd, 3rd and erm unplaced respectively. Does it still take place in the bandstand outside Waitrose?

It were all fields, etc.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='992966' date='Oct 18 2010, 11:44 PM']Hey!!!

:)

Love the video mate!

it looks like your a fan of gorgeous black basses with block inlays!! (me too :) )

if i was anywhere near local i'd come check you guys out[/quote]

Thanks Chris!

Yes, I love my black basses with block inlays! This one was the twin of now your Sadowsky :)

[quote name='toneknob' post='993392' date='Oct 19 2010, 12:19 PM']Good work! Good luck for the final.

I lived in Horsham in the early 1990s and my first ever band was in the Battle of the Bands three years running. We came 2nd, 3rd and erm unplaced respectively. Does it still take place in the bandstand outside Waitrose?

It were all fields, etc.[/quote]

Thanks mate!

Never played the BOTB before but yes, the Final is still on the bandstand, the heats were at the Chamaleon Club, beneath the bowling.

Yes, still all music styles competing together...reason I'm not confident of winning it :lol:

Details confirmed:

The Final is on Friday 29th, this Friday, and the gig will take place at the Carfax Bandstand in Horsham, RH12 1BP.

Any support would be grand as the other bands are gonna be top notch which should make for a very good final.

Read more: [url="http://events.myspace.com/Event/8149368/Horsham-Battle-Of-The-Bands--THE-FINAL#ixzz13TQoGY00"]http://events.myspace.com/Event/8149368/Ho...L#ixzz13TQoGY00[/url]

Running Order

7.00pm Blue Stragglers
7.30pm The Brilliantly Simple
[size=4][b]8.00pm Killing Vegas[/b][/size]
8.30pm Retrospect
9.00pm Everafta
9.30pm Phrase Mob

[quote name='misrule' post='1001243' date='Oct 26 2010, 03:39 PM']I was hoping to make it -- being local -- but I'm likely to be working too late.

Good luck, though. Who's running it and what does the winner get?

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Thanks Mark!

It's run by HDLMA, Horsham District Live Music Alliance.

Winners get:

[b]First Place[/b] = Cheque for £500, day in a recording studio, 2 free rehearsals @ QM Studios,
and free use of the HDLMA PA for one gig
[b] Second Place[/b] = Cheque for £250, 2 free rehearsals @ QM Studios,
[b]Third Place[/b] = Cheque for £100, 1 free rehearsal @ QM Studios,

Last minute update:

Due to poor weather expected tonight the [b]Battle Of The Bands Final[/b] has been moved to the Drill Hall:

Drill Hall
Denne Road
Horsham
RH12 1JF

Free entry. Doors open 6.30pm, first band 7pm.

Running Order

7.00pm Blue Stragglers
7.30pm The Brilliantly Simple
[size=4][b]8.00pm Killing Vegas[/b][/size]
8.30pm Retrospect
9.00pm Everafta
9.30pm Phrase Mob

Bring ID for the bar :)

Thanks!