Why become a member? ×

A Question That Cannot Be Answered?!

skej21

Help me please!

I appreciate that this probably a HUGE long shot (and somewhat trivial topic :) ), but I would appreciate any help from a fellow bass chatter!
I currently own a Fender monogram strap and love it (don't judge me just yet!) but it's falling to pieces :lol:

However, the strap in question is not one of the new, plastic-based, poor escuse of a bass strap.

The strap I have is the fabric and leather monogram with metal buckle (picture attached below).
I don't know exactly how old it is or how many of these were produced.
It was given to me when I first started playing bass by my dad's friend who said he'd had it for nearly 30 years, and it was so comfortable that I've kept it and used nothing else ever since.

Could anyone help me and/or point me in the direction of buying another one similar to this?! I can't seem to find one ANYWHERE!

(If not, could anyone suggest a replacement please? Something that is not too bulky, but is also very comfortable!)

Edited by skej21

I had a couple of these in the late 70s, but they weren't leather and I can't remember whether it had a buckle like that. Are you sure it wasn't cobbled together by someone? ie the fabric bit of a Fender Monogram sewn onto a plain leather one?

I find the suede levys leather straps much more comfy, but for anything heavier than a mustang I'd get something wider. The Fender neoprene strap is supremely comfy, but not as vintage-looking.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='991317' date='Oct 17 2010, 05:07 PM']I had a couple of these in the late 70s, but they weren't leather and I can't remember whether it had a buckle like that. Are you sure it wasn't cobbled together by someone? ie the fabric bit of a Fender Monogram sewn onto a plain leather one?

I find the suede levys leather straps much more comfy, but for anything heavier than a mustang I'd get something wider. The Fender neoprene strap is supremely comfy, but not as vintage-looking.[/quote]

It definately isn't cobbled together. It has all the original bit and pieces but is just wearing away from years of use :)