Why become a member? ×

Ashdown little giant

RickIronWitch

Right, im currently using a little giant 350. its terribly quiet and clips at half volume, is it actually clipping or is the gauge on them dodgy? i dont get how it can be so weak. I was running it through a 4 ohm load yesterday and after about 45 minutes it cut out. the fan never actually does its job either. Anyone else had the same troubles? mainly with the clipping

[quote name='RickIronWitch' post='983341' date='Oct 10 2010, 01:57 PM']Right, im currently using a little giant 350. its terribly quiet and clips at half volume, is it actually clipping or is the gauge on them dodgy? i dont get how it can be so weak. I was running it through a 4 ohm load yesterday and after about 45 minutes it cut out. the fan never actually does its job either. Anyone else had the same troubles? mainly with the clipping[/quote]

I've never had one, but the comment about them being quiet is very common. I've also seen a few posts about them overheating, much like them superfly that preceded it. :)

Try a search of the forum - I'm sure you'll turn up some info.

[quote name='Musky' post='983384' date='Oct 10 2010, 02:50 PM']I've never had one, but the comment about them being quiet is very common. I've also seen a few posts about them overheating, much like them superfly that preceded it. :)

Try a search of the forum - I'm sure you'll turn up some info.[/quote]

Yeah I found a little info thanks. Not much about how accurate the clipping meter is though.

Re: Litte Giant 350s

I had one last year, apparently one of the first in the country at the time.

Had to do a LOT of EQ boosting, gain boosting & turning the volume up to get a decent sound. I noticed that it would die after a certain point. When I went to have it fixed, I was told to get rid of it as they are known for being dead unreliable!