Why become a member? ×

TRADED! 2004 Lakland 44-02 Deluxe - Quilted Maple in Cherry Red F/S F/T

chuck_stones

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the boards, so hoping that I get this right! Please let me know if not.

I have for sale or for trade a Lakland 44-02 Deluxe in Cherry Red with a quilted maple top. The bass is equipped with Bartolini MM and J pickups with a 3 band EQ and 3-way coil switch on the MM pickup; this gives you a massive tonal palette at your fingertips. The neck is slim and fast and all is in good working order.

Ash body, maple neck with rosewood fretboard producing a great tone. Frets in good condition with minimal wear.

In terms of condition, it's in great nick with very minor wear and no major knocks or dings; light brushing on lacquer on the back from playing and a loss of gloss on the lacquer where my thumb has been resting. Please see the pictures for more information - I'll upload some more when I get home and get the chance to photo some more :)

The bass is a real beauty and I'm reluctant to sell, hence would consider a trade or part/trade for an equal quality bass.

Asking for [s]£900 [/s] £850 for straight sale or will consider trade offers.

Thanks for looking, feel free to PM me or post on here if you need any further information.

Oli

[b][EDIT][/b] Added some more photos of the beauty and updated the condition description (sorry about the quality of the pics, they're the best I can do with my camera and less than ideal lighting):

As you can see in this pic, under light the quilted maple top and cherry sunburst create a fantastic look....like flames licking all over the body:

Edited by chuck_stones

Beauty. 44-02, is that the US made one? I dont know much about Lakland.

It might help your pitch when you have idiots like me reading them. Also might help persuade people part with their basses if you had basses in mind that you would consider trading for. Bump for a loverly beast.

Hey thanks for the bump... Sadly this is only a Skyline (Korean) model, but the quality is still sublime. The Skylines are produced in Korea then finished in the Chicago workshop to Lakland standards. In terms of swaps... I'd consider anything interesting, including MusicMan's (SUBs or full), Spector, Sandberg... anything that makes a good slap/rock/funk bass (5ers definitely welcome too).