Why become a member? ×

Delacroix Gigs

Musicman20

My new band in Newcastle are now ALMOST ready for our gigs.

So far, we have 2 planned in, with one other pending.

Firstly. we are support Boy Jumps Ship at the Newcastle 02 Academy (2nd band on I do believe) - Tuesday 09/11/2010 - £5.00 in advance, £6.00 on the door.

Secondly, we are playing my home town, Grimsby, at a venue called The Matrix - Saturday 04/12/2010 - Im guessing this will be no more than £3.00 on the door. Playing with Above Them, my ex-band The Departed, and another TBC. - EDIT - CANCELLED!

More details when they get here.

We have no demos, but they are being planned in for December, so you cant hear us until you see us.

Id describe it as:

Modern, fast (double time) melodic punk rock, with a few nice progressive technical parts to liven things up. Think A Wilhelm Scream crossed with Hot Water Music.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='980449' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:35 PM']My new band in Newcastle are now ALMOST ready for our gigs.

So far, we have 2 planned in, with one other pending.

Firstly. we are support Boy Jumps Ship at the Newcastle 02 Academy (2nd band on I do believe) - 09/11/2010 - £5.00 I do believe.

Secondly, we are playing my home town, Grimsby, at a venue called The Matrix - 04/12/2010 - Im guessing this will be no more than £3.00 on the door.

More details when they get here.

We have no demos, but they are being planned in for December, so you cant hear us until you see us.

Id describe it as:

Modern, fast (double time) melodic punk rock, with a few nice progressive technical parts to liven things up. Think A Wilhelm Scream crossed with Hot Water Music.[/quote]

Hi Musicman20,

Ignore PART of my PM - I should have read this first.

Good luck with the new band - if you haven't played at the O2 yet, it's a great venue. I played there earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Steve.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='980449' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:35 PM']Modern, fast (double time) melodic punk rock, with a few nice progressive technical parts to liven things up. Think A Wilhelm Scream crossed with Hot Water Music.[/quote]

None the wiser I'm afraid. Anything like Genesis? :)

Any plans to play any pub gigs up here? You do, and I'm there mate! :lol: Good luck with the O2 gig - that's almost walking distance for you isn't it? :)

[quote name='Conan' post='982792' date='Oct 9 2010, 06:29 PM']None the wiser I'm afraid. Anything like Genesis? :)

Any plans to play any pub gigs up here? You do, and I'm there mate! :lol: Good luck with the O2 gig - that's almost walking distance for you isn't it? :)[/quote]

I think we will definitely be playing most pubs around Newcastle and surrounding areas. The 02 literally is 5 mins walk away, so I might just walk my bass up the street with a light amp. Very much doubt our cabs will be there.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, next Tuesday is our first gig.

The band is ready (well the bass, drums and guitars) but I feel the vocalist could do with at least another month to prepare, (he is a new member). He doesnt seem worried and they dont want to cancel, so next Tuesday is on.

So far, they had to get new tickets printed as they sold over 150...apparently! Quite shocked and quite excited.