Why become a member? ×

SOLD

6stringbassist

This is as new, and in totally mint condition.

I've only had it a few weeks, but I'm getting a Kern preamp quite shortly, and I already have an Alembic pre in my rack, I also tend to just use my Lexicon MPX through my power amp quite a lot.

It's a very modern sounding pre, with a very versatile EQ section. You can pretty much get any sound from it, from 'old school' tubiness to clear and shimmery.

I'm also in the process of putting together a small studio set up, so this'll help towards that.

You'd be most welcome to come and try it.

If you want any more details just ask.

£525 or very nearest offer, this is only a few weeks old afterall.

This is off the Demeter website -

The H Series Bass Preamp by James Demeter uses the same all tube front end found in his classic VTBP-201 Bass pre-amplifier and combines it with the revolutionary H Series circuitry found in his professional audio H Series line. This preamp provides the best of both the tube and solid state world. It features high voltage (250V) tube front end (providing all of the preamp gain and passive tone controls), a two band solid state fully Parametric Equalizer that is tuned for, bass, a fully adjustable active effects loop with controls up front, a tuner output, a full balanced output with switchable mic or line level, both a balanced TRS line level output and an unbalanced line level output for amplifier connections and a mute switch. As with all Demeter equipment it is meticulously hand wired, using the finest components and assembled in the U.S.A.

Specifications

Input impedance > 1 megohm
Minimum load impedance 600 ohms
Maximum output + 24dBV
@ 600 ohms + 28dB
Gain Adjustable to + 10dB Mid 440Hz to 4KHz
EQ Gain + or - 15dB
Signal to Noise Ratio - 80dB
THD .5%
Frequency response 10Hz to 40kHz
Tube 1-12AX7a Selected
Parametric EQ Q or Width Continuously Variable
Low 40Hz to 440Hz
Mid 440Hz to 4.4KHz
Inputs 1/4" (passive and active)
Outputs 3 Pin Bal Mic/Line, TT, XLR & 1/4"
Chassis Single Space Rack
Operating voltage 115V/230V AC Switchable
Power Supply 250V Fully Regulated
Filament 12.6V Fully Regulated

Edited by 6stringbassist

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='111546' date='Dec 31 2007, 04:34 PM']This is as new, and in totally mint condition.

I've only had it a few weeks, but I'm getting a Kern preamp quite shortly, and I already have an Alembic pre in my rack, I also tend to just use my Lexicon MPX through my power amp quite a lot.

It's a very modern sounding pre, with a very versatile EQ section. You can pretty much get any sound from it, from 'old school' tubiness to clear and shimmery.

I'm also in the process of putting together a small studio set up, so this'll help towards that.

You'd be most welcome to come and try it.

If you want any more details just ask.

£525 or very nearest offer, this is only a few weeks old afterall.

This is off the Demeter website -

The H Series Bass Preamp by James Demeter uses the same all tube front end found in his classic VTBP-201 Bass pre-amplifier and combines it with the revolutionary H Series circuitry found in his professional audio H Series line. This preamp provides the best of both the tube and solid state world. It features high voltage (250V) tube front end (providing all of the preamp gain and passive tone controls), a two band solid state fully Parametric Equalizer that is tuned for, bass, a fully adjustable active effects loop with controls up front, a tuner output, a full balanced output with switchable mic or line level, both a balanced TRS line level output and an unbalanced line level output for amplifier connections and a mute switch. As with all Demeter equipment it is meticulously hand wired, using the finest components and assembled in the U.S.A.

Specifications

Input impedance > 1 megohm
Minimum load impedance 600 ohms
Maximum output + 24dBV
@ 600 ohms + 28dB
Gain Adjustable to + 10dB Mid 440Hz to 4KHz
EQ Gain + or - 15dB
Signal to Noise Ratio - 80dB
THD .5%
Frequency response 10Hz to 40kHz
Tube 1-12AX7a Selected
Parametric EQ Q or Width Continuously Variable
Low 40Hz to 440Hz
Mid 440Hz to 4.4KHz
Inputs 1/4" (passive and active)
Outputs 3 Pin Bal Mic/Line, TT, XLR & 1/4"
Chassis Single Space Rack
Operating voltage 115V/230V AC Switchable
Power Supply 250V Fully Regulated
Filament 12.6V Fully Regulated[/quote]
Do me a favour, when you get the Kern let me know what you think of it, how it compares to the Demeter, and how much you paid for it. I've heard they're awesome. Cheers.