Why become a member? ×

Paul Rose PRECISION BASS £200 SOLD SOLD

H the Bass

You may have seen this before , built by Basschat luthier Paul Rose 70's precision style bass which i took in part exchange from Simon off Basschat(nice bloke) . Alder body Maple neck with very loud & toneful USA vintage Dimarzio pick ups , one tiny ding in paintwork otherwise perfect, comes with a decent set of rotosound flats,very punchy,with Fender tweed gig bag BARGAIN at £200!!Almost kept this its much better than asking price suggests!Please feel free to ask any questions?

Edited by H the Bass

[quote name='Conan' post='978407' date='Oct 5 2010, 02:38 PM']Is that a Fender neck or a bit of judicious decal naughtiness? :)[/quote]
Its a bit of Clarky naughtiness - the bass was made for me by Paul and I added the decal. Nice bass and super value for money, as long as you are happy with a chunky 50s style P neck

[quote name='Clarky' post='978410' date='Oct 5 2010, 02:41 PM']Its a bit of Clarky naughtiness - the bass was made for me by Paul and I added the decal. Nice bass and super value for money, as long as you are happy with a chunky 50s style P neck[/quote]
Wouldn't say it was that chunky its definately not a cricket bat but i know what you mean not a Geddy Lee neck either but very playable and pretty fast,you can certainly whip about on this!Why did you sell it Clarky?,if i hadn't got a couple of precisions allready i'd have kept this its nicely built.Regards H

[quote name='H the Bass' post='978576' date='Oct 5 2010, 05:08 PM']Wouldn't say it was that chunky its definately not a cricket bat but i know what you mean not a Geddy Lee neck either but very playable and pretty fast,you can certainly whip about on this!Why did you sell it Clarky?,if i hadn't got a couple of precisions allready i'd have kept this its nicely built.Regards H[/quote]
Only sold it as I bought a 2009 white American Standard Precision, IIRC (snobbery!) Happy to repeat this is a good bass, superbly insulated inside with a lovely DiMarzio woody sound, excellent for gigging and superb VFM