Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-Type 1528 2x15" cab FS/FT

Delberthot

This is my minty Trace V-type cab.

This particular cab has been very well looked after as for much of its life it was housed in a road ready full flight case. This weighed as much as a family car so when I bought the cab, the first thing I did was to sell the flightcase and buy a cover.

I didn't want just anything so I went for a Roqsolid cover at a cost of around £50 which is very well made, padded and moisture resistant so wheeling it in and out of gigs on wet or snowy nights isn't a problem.

The cab is in 9.5/10 for condition, even disregarding the fact that its about 15 years old. The only real marks I can see are a small chip in the paint on one of the handles and a small part near the bottom right where there looks like a very small tear in the carpet but you could probably just go over that with a black marker and you'll never notice it.

The cab weighs in at 45kg which is still 20kg less than an Ampeg 8x10” and actually not much more than one of their 4x10”s.

To aid moving the cab around, I went for the biggest casters I could find to cope with most surfaces and opted to have the front 2 as lockable ones at a cost of £20 for the set.

The spec of the cab is 500w @ 8ohms and has both 1/4” jack and XLR inputs and outputs.

The dimensions are 74cm wide, 84cm high (including casters) and 36cm deep.

I am currently using this cab on its own with a Gallien Krueger 700RB II which can put out 320w @ 8 ohms but I have the amp nowhere near that. I'd be surprised if I had more than 200w going into the cab.

The reason I am selling as it is completely overkilll to be using this as a monitor with my wedding band and I don't play often enough with the rock band to warrant having it sitting in the house doing nothing.

This cab is incredible, I have to say that it is the bassiest, clearest cab I have ever played though and don't want to sell it but a lack of use means it has to go.

Now, as far as cost goes, I am looking for £300 ONO but am open for trades as I realise that most people (including myself) don't have a great deal of money right now.

The main trades I am looking for would be carpet coverred Trace Elliot cabs:

1153 Compact 1x15"

2103H 2x10"

1518 Full size 1x15"

1818 1x18" beast

I am also interested in getting myself an Epiphone Thunderbird non-reverse 4 or preferrably 5 string

These would be all plus cash in my direction.

As far as other trades go, try me, there's nothing else specific I have in mind but am not interested in amps or fretless basses or anything with more than 5 strings.

If you are interested I may be able to add my coveted 4052H bright box for the right price but will probably regret it as soon as I do it.

Postage is steep at £50 but I have been unable to get it any cheaper. I could meet up with you as well depending on how far away you live - for a straight sale I would only be looking for the cost of my fuel but for trades then i wouldn't.

The pictures:

Edited by Delberthot

If courier cost or distance is an issue, I may be able to meet up with you depending on how far away you live.

If you're relatively local and interested then PM me as I will be using this cab live next saturday so you can hear it for yourself.

Right, I've found the cab that I am going to pair with my Trace 2x10" so I really need to get this sold ASAP.

I am open to offers as well as trades for the aformentioned stuff and possibly a Hartke LH500

I will be away tomorrow from about lunch time until Friday afternoon so won't be able to respond between these times.

You'll wet yourself when you hear this. The thunderbird was roaring tonight.

The combination of this and the Hartke head should give quite a close sounding version of the Basschat communal Trace V-type combo that everyone on the forum needs to own at some point