Why become a member? ×

Jam Sessions within 30 miles of Stratford-upon-Avon

markstuk

[quote name='markstuk' post='971398' date='Sep 29 2010, 08:58 AM']HI,

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of Jam sessions reasonably close to where I live.. This would cover an area bounded by coventry, south birmingham, evesham, banbury and daventry..

CHeers

Mark[/quote]Hi Mark..i live in tewkesbury..its a bit further but they do open mic nights in cheltenham..

The Roadhouse in Stirchley, South Birmingham has an open mic session on a monday night. There are two or three slots for jamming with other musicians (watch out for the old guy with a sax) and if you want to do your own thing you usually get a three song slot. A girl called Sally organises it and she's hot! You sign in around eight o'clock and it starts around 9pm.

My favourite open mic venue is the Tardebigge just outside Redditch but sadly this sunday or tuesday may well be their last jam session as management are ripping out a great stage set up to replace it with more "two for one" meal covers. We've used regular extended slots recently to tighten up some new material that we've written, and we've promised Rich who's done a top job of organising it that we will play on sunday or tuesday (whichever is the last) so that we can give the Bigge venue a big send off! It's sad when commerce wrecks good music.