Why become a member? ×

Walsall/North Birmingham People!

JMT3781

Hey people

I have just set up a Jam Night, in walsall west midlands. Its not going to be the standard pub band chugging through covers.. Its being run as a fairly quiet thing designed to engage with and entertain musicians and non musicians alike. Im hoping its going to take off, i'm running it next door to the campus where i used to study Popualr music, so im hoping for some really interesting and entertaining nights.

First one is 8pm on wednesday the 6 of october

Anyone in the area, would be great to see you there, its free to come along, and encouraged that you join in lol!

Its at the Wheatsheaf, birmingham road walsall...

which also does some lovely real ale if that is your thing :)

PM me for more info!

J

Edited by JMT3781

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='972499' date='Sep 30 2010, 11:17 AM']Dammit, until a month ago I was living three minutes' walk from that pub! :)

Haven't been in since it's been under new management though, I'll try to pop in if I'm in the area one week - hope it goes well![/quote]

Ian did you used to come when i used to run it there about 3 weeks ago?

I guess not man, been out of there since 14th August - used to run the occasional jam night down there myself albeit with a strong national contigent from the Music Radar forum!

Best of luck with it, the market's certainly there it's just keeping everything rotating - if you haven't already drop in the White Lion on Sandwell St for one of their open mic nights (Thursday, IIRC) and let 'em know!

sorry i meant years not weeks
Sure i recognise you from the pic

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='973335' date='Sep 30 2010, 11:12 PM']I guess not man, been out of there since 14th August - used to run the occasional jam night down there myself albeit with a strong national contigent from the Music Radar forum!

Best of luck with it, the market's certainly there it's just keeping everything rotating - if you haven't already drop in the White Lion on Sandwell St for one of their open mic nights (Thursday, IIRC) and let 'em know![/quote]

• 3 weeks later...