Why become a member? ×

SOLD and PLEASE DELETE

[quote name='mybass' post='971045' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:23 PM']Selling AS A PAIR £55 includes UK postage.

Fantastic sounding pickups, loud and 99.99% no noise.

I bought these umpteen years ago and they were and still are LOUD.
Powered them with a single 9v battery (two can be used),
They easily answered back to drummers and large stack guitarists, marvellous!
These were the first type of SDs switcheable Jazz pickups with a very high output. They were
later replaced with another 3 switch mark 2 version but with less output. (I still have a set on another bass).
They were then replaced with the 2 switch model but I don't think these are made anymore.
This particular set was on one of my own built fretless basses for years so are marked and the
underside wiring will need to be extended in length to reach the control cavity, so a bit of work needed with a solder iron.
I would set these at a slightly less height to string than normal.
The switches I think are great as you can easily cut that bit of "boom in the room" bottom end
or add that little bit of top to the sound etc.[/quote]

Bump

[quote name='mybass' post='971045' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:23 PM']Selling AS A PAIR £50 which includes UK postage. :)

Fantastic sounding jazz replacement pickups, loud and 99.99% noiseless.

Powered by a single 9v battery.
They easily answered back to drummers and large stack guitarists, marvellous!
These were the first type of SDs switcheable Jazz pickups with a very high output. They were
later replaced with another 3 switch mark 2 version but with less output. (I still have a set on another bass).
They were then replaced with the 2 switch model but I don't think these are made anymore.
This particular set was on one of my own built fretless basses for years so are marked and the
underside wiring will need to be extended in length to reach the control cavity, so a bit of work needed with a solder iron.
I would set these at a slightly less height to string than normal.
The switches I think are great as you can easily cut that bit of "boom in the room" bottom end
or add that little bit of top to the sound etc.
I also have the original wiring diagram with all the pickup specifications and blurb.[/quote]

[quote name='mybass' post='971045' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:23 PM']Selling AS A PAIR £40

Fantastic sounding jazz replacement pickups, loud and 99.99% noiseless.