Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Yamaha TRB6p for sale in Translucent Blue ***SOLD***

mattbass6

I am very, very reluctantly selling my treasured Yamaha TRB6p series 1 (2 truss rod version) bass - the original and best in my honest opinion. The only reason for this sale is that I have been having a clear out of all my gear in order to buy a Dingwall 6 string bass. I have found 2 that I am totally in love with and have raised a good amount of money but not all of it, therefore this has to go to finance my Dingwall purchase.

Anyway, this is in absolutely beautiful condition. It has been set up professionally and has a neck and ebony board to die for. It is a Translucent Blue colour which are getting harder and harder to locate and has a sound that caters for all styles. Through my Sansamp and Hartke rig, this bass ROCKS!!! It comes with it's original, brown Yamaha case and is currently strung with LaBella Supersteps. The string spacing is 19mm and the scale length is 34" and weighs in at around 10lbs. It currently has strap locks on that I will include. I am looking for around £1000.00 for this beauty and will consider delivery but would prefer collection or a meet to hand over the bass. I am not looking for trades please. I have my heart set on a Dingwall bass.

If you want to try it, then obviously not a problem. Thanks for your time and hopefully hear from someone soon. Grab a rare, beautiful bargain while you can. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt

P.S. Here are the tech specs directly from Yamaha -

Construction Neck-thru-Body
Scale Length 33-7/8" (860mm)
Neck Maple/ Mahogany
Fingerboard Ebony
Nut Width 2-3/16" (56mm)
Radius 39" (1000mm)
Frets 24
Body Figured Maple/ Rose/ Maple
Bridge BPZ-6 (with Piezo)
Pickups Single Coil x 2, Piezo Pickup
Pickup Switch 2 Balancer
Controls 5-Control System
Hardware Gold
Color Translucent Blue

[u]Piezo Pickups in Solid Brass Bridge[/u]
The piezo pickups used on the TRB models use individual bimorphous piezo elements for each string, all built into a specially designed bridge which is machined from solid brass.
[u]
Figured Maple Body with Thru-neck Construction[/u]
The TRB-series basses feature figured maple bodies that offer the requisite tone as well as outstanding visual appeal.

[u]Neck-thru Models[/u]
Because piezo pickups directly pick up the resonance of the instrument body, the body itself must be made from the finest woods and designed to deliver rich, deep tone. The neck-thru design of theses basses affords the best possible foundation for this amazing sound.

Edited by mattbass6

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='963954' date='Sep 21 2010, 11:21 PM']Im stunned that you're selling this mate! have a bump on me![/quote]

Yeah me too bud, bud I have really bad GAS for 2 amazing Dingwall basses and no matter how much I try and dismiss them, I can't. There is a part of me that is screaming no to this but every time I see the Dingwall's I just crumble. Hope you're well and speak to you soon. Take care and thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

Wednesday BUMP. Had some interesting PM's that have been replied. This is such a bargain for such an incredible bass and in a no often seen colour. Grab your self a bargain now folks. You know you want too :)

P.S. Just so you know, this bass is not open to offers I'm afraid. These were around the £2.5 mark when first released and recently have been selling for between £1200 & £1600 so at £1000, this is a REAL bargain :lol:

[quote name='Capela' post='994538' date='Oct 20 2010, 10:41 AM']Fantastic axe. I had one of these (earlier 90's Yamaha Japan) and no other bass can match this one in tone. The piezo is killer.

Good luck.[/quote]

I totally agree my friend. A stunning instrument and if I didn't have too many basses, then this would stay. Thanks and take care.

Cheers,

Matt