Why become a member? ×

Ballpark value of bass please

Martin E

Folks

Can you give some idea please how much my 1996 Squier Jazz is worth?

Midnight blue, three ply scratch plate, rosewood board. Nice condition no dings. The pickups have been replaced with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders and the bridge is a Gotoh 201. Think it was called a 'de luxe' at the time. Has a Fender 50th Anniversary sticker on the headstock. Built with loving care in Korea.
Comes with a decent hard case.

Thanks a lot

I agree about the pickup thing.

If you wanted to max your return, you might do better if you source some Squier pickups on eBay (very cheap!) and sell the bass with them, and then the SD pickups separately. Although the difference may not be that huge and you may think it's too much hassle...

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='962470' date='Sep 20 2010, 05:45 PM']With the bridge and pickup you'll generate a bit of interest but unfortunately these mods whilst improving the playability and tone of an instrument don't earn the invested money back for you. I think you'd do well if you got much more than £150, especially in the current climate.[/quote]

Just been eyeballin your collection. That choccy brown 78 P is just the most gorgeous thing. Does she play equally well, I know some 70's Fenders suffer build issues?

Just stunning tho!

LC