Why become a member? ×

Question about Shine (and other active) bass

Dom in Dorset

I've bought a broken one of these: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHINE-GUITAR-ELECTRIC-BASS-5-FIVE-STRING-SBA-625-NEW-/370356711461?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item563afaf025"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHINE-GUITAR-ELECTRI...=item563afaf025[/url]
the neck is f#cked and I hate the body so i'm going to harvest the hardware and build something else with it. the battery box is also missing so i can't play it to find out (yet)
Question: what do all the knobs do? I'm not used to active basses so I'm wondering what I've got , vol, vol, tone , tone, ?

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' post='960501' date='Sep 18 2010, 04:13 PM']"Well it might be Vol, pick-up pan/select, bass, mid, treble, thats the most common set up" - so , pick up selection but blended rather than neck or both or bridge and a three band eq?[/quote]

Yeah its most likely blended rather than either neck, bridge or middle.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' post='960508' date='Sep 18 2010, 04:23 PM']It should be an interesting project, thanks for your input, it's helpful to know what I've got before i decide what I'm going to do with it.[/quote]

No worries :) What do you have in mind for it?

New neck and body!
I'll get an off the peg neck and make a body , probably from recovered or discovered timber. i've got lots of nice wood in the workshop but i like the idea of a total one off using some interesting bit of timber. I've got another build on the go at the moment (twin neck in build diaries) so I'm in no rush, a suitable body will present it'self in time.