Why become a member? ×

Fender Geddy Lee Signature Bass SOLD!

H the Bass

:rolleyes: :) Crafted in Japan With USA hardware & pick ups , Badass Bridge , lovely slim maple neck with block inlays allmost plays itself!With well used but substantial flightcase.Looking for £525 ono or may swap for 51' / 54' reissue Tele Bass.Any questions welcome!ONE tiny dink on underside which if you use magnification on last picture,reverse view,you can just see otherwise perfect! Hope you enjoy Dave Regards H Edited by H the Bass

[quote name='H the Bass' post='960379' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:45 PM']:) Crafted in Japan With USA hardware & pick ups , Badass Bridge , lovely slim maple neck with block inlays allmost plays itself!With well used but substantial flightcase.Looking for £525 ono or may swap for 51' / 54' reissue Tele Bass.Any questions welcome!ONE tiny dink on underside which if you use magnification on last picture,reverse view,you can just see otherwise perfect![/quote]
BUMP!

[quote name='H the Bass' post='960379' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:45 PM']:) Crafted in Japan With USA hardware & pick ups , Badass Bridge , lovely slim maple neck with block inlays allmost plays itself!With well used but substantial flightcase.Looking for £525 ono or may swap for 51' / 54' reissue Tele Bass.Any questions welcome!ONE tiny dink on underside which if you use magnification on last picture,reverse view,you can just see otherwise perfect![/quote]

Hello, my name is Jonathan, would you consider swapping it with a Tech 21 4x10'' bass cab? It's 400w and I might consider throwing in a samson wireless backpack for guitar and bass

[quote name='Jonnyrocks' post='961124' date='Sep 19 2010, 12:56 PM']Hello, my name is Jonathan, would you consider swapping it with a Tech 21 4x10'' bass cab? It's 400w and I might consider throwing in a samson wireless backpack for guitar and bass[/quote]
Sorry m8 i only use vintage gear iv'e had for ages Fender Studio Combo 6xEL34's 200 watt Beast ,Marshall Superbass with vintage blackback cab and an EV powered Peterson ,so i dont really need any amps or cabs but thanx 4 offer and all the best H

Edited by H the Bass

[quote name='BottomE' post='960989' date='Sep 19 2010, 10:30 AM']Hmm that looks nice (quite tempted). Does it have a growl? I have never played a Geddy Lee Jazz - the only Jap jazz i have played is the Marcus Miller signature and it was nice but the electrics were average at best.[/quote]
Agree about the Miller bass I allways prefered the passive old style growl of the Geddy and the neck is tons faster and easier to play in my opinion but your allways gonna get differing opinions Regards H

[quote name='H the Bass' post='961159' date='Sep 19 2010, 01:33 PM']Agree about the Miller bass I allways prefered the passive old style growl of the Geddy and the neck is tons faster and easier to play in my opinion but your allways gonna get differing opinions Regards H[/quote]
MONDAY BUMP

[quote name='H the Bass' post='961913' date='Sep 20 2010, 10:08 AM']MONDAY BUMP[/quote]
Please note if you have cash or a tele bass feel free to make me an offer! Want £500 for cash really with flightcase £450 with supplied fender gig bag gotta be a bargain set up by a top pro tech plays like a dream!

Edited by H the Bass

Fancy swapping for this?

Warmoth Jazz Bass. Swamp ash body, light birdseye neck, ebony fingerboard, Badass bridge, Nordstrand NJ4SE pickups, Audere JZ3 2 band preamp (ACG02 in photos). One tiny (and I mean tiny) mark near control plate, otherwise amazing condition.

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='965150' date='Sep 23 2010, 12:10 AM']Fancy swapping for this?

Warmoth Jazz Bass. Swamp ash body, light birdseye neck, ebony fingerboard, Badass bridge, Nordstrand NJ4SE pickups, Audere JZ3 2 band preamp (ACG02 in photos). One tiny (and I mean tiny) mark near control plate, otherwise amazing condition.[/quote]
No thanx i have more than enough jazzes . Thanx 4 interest though H

I would like to state again, for the record, that my Geddy is awesome :lol:

if anyone wants to hear what a Geddy Jazz tuned to B-F#-B-E sounds like, do a search for Thorun from Wales on Myspaz. It's fat! and plays Very smoothly! Be even better if I didnt insist on playing it lower slung such that I cant reach the fretboard properly, but looks are important! :)

Geddy bump!

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' post='966364' date='Sep 24 2010, 08:39 AM']I would like to state again, for the record, that my Geddy is awesome :lol:

if anyone wants to hear what a Geddy Jazz tuned to B-F#-B-E sounds like, do a search for Thorun from Wales on Myspaz. It's fat! and plays Very smoothly! Be even better if I didnt insist on playing it lower slung such that I cant reach the fretboard properly, but looks are important! :)

Geddy bump![/quote]
AND!

Why on earth has no one snapped this up????? I've done exactly the same to mine, putting the black sp on...it looks as awesome as it plays!...I would never sell it but this is one hell of a deal.....If the wife wasn't so clued up i'd tell her mine had mysteriously duplicated itself overnight!!!!!

hope you manage to get this sold.
Matt

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='967348' date='Sep 25 2010, 09:37 AM']Why on earth has no one snapped this up????? I've done exactly the same to mine, putting the black sp on...it looks as awesome as it plays!...I would never sell it but this is one hell of a deal.....If the wife wasn't so clued up i'd tell her mine had mysteriously duplicated itself overnight!!!!!

hope you manage to get this sold.
Matt[/quote]
Cheers Matt i'm surprised it hasn't gone,lots of interest but no solid offers sin of the times i suppose,everyone seems hard up!Agree about the black scratchplate , does make it look awesome ! Cheers H BUMP

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' post='972124' date='Sep 29 2010, 09:45 PM']cool. my Geddy was my first 'posh' bass and I still like her/it/him! :)[/quote]
Yeah it was a lovely bass but iv'e got a vintage 62' stacknob jazz and a 77' black one georgeous with its ash trays fitted & bound rosewood neck with block inlays,both USA! The Japs make some cracking stuff though including the Geddy especially for their own market (non export) i have 2 Tele bass re-issues one a 54' blueflower and a 51' paisley one off slab body made for Steve Harris both fantastic !! Regards H