Why become a member? ×

Question for users of M9 / M13 with Ernie Ball VP Jr 25k as expression pedal

1976fenderhead

Could you confirm that the swell is even from heel to tow?

I'm using a cheapo Bespeco pedal (20k ohm) and roughly the whole 1st half of the travel (from heel down) is dead zone. Only then the swell kicks in. Could you check that you get a normal swell from the very beginning and no dead zones with the VP Jr 25k?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Finbar' post='960736' date='Sep 18 2010, 08:13 PM']I've never noticed any odd swell issues with mine, for what it's worth.[/quote]

Thx mate. Is there a way you can check by looking at the bar of the volume pedal model and see that it comes off zero straight away when you start rocking the pedal forward? Would just like to be sure before I order one :)

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='960740' date='Sep 18 2010, 08:22 PM']Thx mate. Is there a way you can check by looking at the bar of the volume pedal model and see that it comes off zero straight away when you start rocking the pedal forward? Would just like to be sure before I order one :rolleyes:[/quote]
Someone else would probably be best to check that - I don't have mine set up for expression pedal use right now, and I'm certainly nowhere near either the pedal or the M9 and won't be for a week or so :)

[quote name='steve' post='960843' date='Sep 18 2010, 11:49 PM']sounds like it[/quote]

But the VP Jr 25k is logarithmic anyway... And this one is linear, as is Line 6's expression pedal.

The strange things is this: it only happens on the way up. There's actually a slight jump where volume kicks in immediately but goes back down and then normally up for the last half of the movement.

On the way back to zero it moves normally all the way, maybe there's still some deadzone but at least there isn't that jump up near zero. Dodgy pot?

It does have a slightly more normal behaviour when using as a volume pedal between bass and amp. I still get the deadzone but it seems equal up and down and there's no jump in volume early on.

What I'm worried is that maybe this is due to difference in impedance, in which case it will happen just as well to the VP Jr and I'll be screwed by trading up!

Edited by 1976fenderhead