Why become a member? ×

Cheapie synth ideas?

Jamesemt

Theres a couple of songs that stand out as needing a bass synth with my current band:

Get The Party Started and Billie Jean.

Would a cheaper pedal fit the bill for these two? I really haven't got a clue as my only other experiments with a synth were with a Pod XT and the settings seemed bit overwhelming!!

We have a keyboard player in the band, but he plays a question and answer part against the guitarist for most of the Pink song.

Any advice?

Get The Party Started just sounds like a nice tight, low bassline the whole way through, which is the synthy bit you're referring too? I think you could nciely cop that with your neck pickup, bit of compression, and if you want something a tad deeper and more dubby, using an octaver. I think the OC-2 would be perfect, play that line an octave higher than usual on your neck with the OC-2 set with full Oct 1 down, zero clean and zero Oct-2.

Same story with Billie Jean I think aswell to be honest, don't really think you need a pedal to get that sound.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='958602' date='Sep 16 2010, 05:53 PM']Get The Party Started just sounds like a nice tight, low bassline the whole way through, which is the synthy bit you're referring too? I think you could nciely cop that with your neck pickup, bit of compression, and if you want something a tad deeper and more dubby, using an octaver. I think the OC-2 would be perfect, play that line an octave higher than usual on your neck with the OC-2 set with full Oct 1 down, zero clean and zero Oct-2.

Same story with Billie Jean I think aswell to be honest, don't really think you need a pedal to get that sound.[/quote]

Ok cheers - I just feel there is something 'synthy' missing from the parts. Time for a rethink!!