Why become a member? ×

The Noob from weston super mare

hatori

Greetings from sunny Weston super Mare and to all who were on the Bassworld site (my previous aka was Nikkidanjo) 'hello bass warriors' specially Rich Valentine! I represent the 'old git' spectrum here. Im 55 and Ive been playing for 43 years. Im currently in the Ben Fletcher band which is a progressive blues three piece. I play Fender Precision special (modded) and Fender Jazz frankenbass fretless (yes Rich I still have it and it sings)! Markbass LM2 thru 1x12 and 2x10 Bagg end spec home build cabs. For fx I use a Zoom b2 (for the tuner), Digitech whammy, Akai headrush (fun for solo loops). Im into Billy Sheehan, Doug Wimbish, Tony Levin, Jeff Schmidt, Lydia on bass....strewth there are loads! My 'day job' consists of teaching excluded schoolkids Ray Mears stuff (bushcraft skills tutor) which means I get to spend a good deal of time chopping down trees and lighting fires, skinning rabbits etc: Check out the Ben Fletcher site for the giglist come see me make a fool of myself.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='110314' date='Dec 28 2007, 07:48 PM']Welcome.

Always usefull to know a man who can kill bears.[/quote]Thanks chief, I dont know whos been talkin....Im pretty good with sheep too (yes I know whats comin next) and I sharpen a pretty keen axe! Ant larvae tastes like........sh*te.

Yeah 43 years is a long time but still so much to learn. Its scary to see just how much young talent there is out there. Im still lovin it. With regards to the bushcraft stuff I wish it was simply team building stuff but its all child psychology which can be a bit....stressful. Its cool to just unload at a gig.