Why become a member? ×

FBass BN6 Black Ceruse SOLD Pending Payment

P-T-P

Feeling a little bit sick as I write this, and definitely a bit disappointed in myself but I have to accept that as utterly lovely as this bass is and while it is certainly the best bass I've ever owned, I'm just not a 6 string bassist. By that I mean, I just don't play enough in situations where I get to use the bass as a proper six string.

It is far and away the best six string bass I've had the pleasure to play and when I'm noodling at home, I love what I can do with it. But come gig time, it's a 5 string bass with a string in the way of my small hands. I just can't work that high C into what I'm playing and so it is, unfortunately, an impediment when I need to play the E and B strings.

The bass itself is an FBass BN6 with the Black Ceruse finish and all black hardware and it comes with an FBass Levy's gig bag and all the control info, tools etc.

Here's some pics.

[attachment=58734:fbass_bn6_01.jpg][attachment=58733:fbass_bn6_02.jpg][attachment=58732:fbass_bn6_03
.jpg]

The bass is in almost immaculate condition. There are a couple of very small marks on there, but you would need to have them pointed out to you or spend a long time looking.

It sounds divine. You can do pretty much anything you like tonally and the action/set-up is just to die for.

In a perfect world, I'd like to turn this in a similarly finished FBass BN5 and certainly would like to hear from any BN5 owners who might be looking to do a deal for this.

Alternatively, vintage Fenders could be of interest as well as other high end 5 stringers.

Could possibly do a part-ex deal on other gear, US Jazz 4, Lakland DJ5. Whatever else you might have, feel free to ask, worst I can say is no deal.

All that being said, remember this isn't a cheap bass so please be realistic with your offers as new this would cost £2500+ and was originally on sale here for £1800 before I bought it. I didn't pay that much so there's plenty of room for a deal to be worked out.

I suppose I'd be foolish not to also be open to cash offers, but as mentioned previously, a deal of some kind for a BN5 would be my first choice.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='mtroun' post='956771' date='Sep 15 2010, 12:20 AM']Oh so beautiful.
I doubt my Stingray 4 is what you're looking for unfortunately...
Have a bump[/quote]

Not likely unless a fretless with a wad of cash, in which case, maybe.

[quote name='octaedro7' post='958977' date='Sep 16 2010, 11:56 PM']That's criminal :wub:

What's the scale and the string spacing?[/quote]

Specs are here [url="http://www.fbass.com/html/BN%20Models.htm"]http://www.fbass.com/html/BN%20Models.htm[/url]