Why become a member? ×

£700 to spend on a third bass to gig with,suggestions?

al embic

[quote name='al embic' post='13583' date='Jun 7 2007, 01:48 PM']agreed.the ksd is very marcus sounding....but thats the kinda tone i fancy for a change.just sold a custon built g&l asat to fund it.also the price i'm paying for the ksd theres change a plenty from £700........ :)[/quote]

I bought that custom G&L and am very happy about it, thanks Al.

Hi there, tried a Trace T-Bass? They were made for trace by Rob Green through Status, basically S1 electrics on a Jazz style body with the Ergonomic tuners (offset head). Imagine a Status that plays like a Jazz......
Theres on on the Bay at the moment if you want a look, i've got a 5 (serial No 265) white body, plain (no dots) Pau ferro board (brass side inserts), single layer vintage tortoiseshell plate, one up for grabs well under £800..I you like the look i can send pix. It comes with the original Trace Elliot gig bag.
Rob is re-issuing them as Status models with a Graphite neck so you could also look on the Status site. That also means any spares are readily available again.

if you do want pix you can bell me on 07779 718 119.

Good luck however it all pans out...

Andy

Edited by rumour6

[quote name='rumour6' post='18634' date='Jun 15 2007, 11:32 PM']Hi there, tried a Trace T-Bass? They were made for trace by Rob Green through Status, basically S1 electrics on a Jazz style body with the Ergonomic tuners (offset head). Imagine a Status that plays like a Jazz......
Theres on on the Bay at the moment if you want a look, i've got a 5 (serial No 265) white body, plain (no dots) Pau ferro board (brass side inserts), single layer vintage tortoiseshell plate, one up for grabs well under £800..I you like the look i can send pix. It comes with the original Trace Elliot gig bag.
Rob is re-issuing them as Status models with a Graphite neck so you could also look on the Status site. That also means any spares are readily available again.

if you do want pix you can bell me on 07779 718 119.

Good luck however it all pans out...

Andy[/quote]
cheers andy,i have ordered a ksd,remeber the t-basses tho.very nice bit of kit.....didn't know rob was re-issuing them tho.damm!!!