Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MAG C115-300 EVO II Combo

brick

Hey Im putting this up for sale as Ive just purchased a Mark Bass head off of here + want to sell a few bits and bobs so I can get a new bass, for what they cost its hard to fault these wee amps and has been my gigging amp for just under a year(was bought new from Kennys Music in Dundee), it works fine by its self but for the last couple of gigs i was using it with an extension and it sounded beefy as hell
You can find all the technical stuff here, this one is the carpeted one not the one covered in vinyl on the page

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=77"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=77[/url]

Local pick up would probably be best as it is quite heavy, but can post it at the buyers expense

Ross

ps will post pics up tomorrow, just need to find the connector wire

Edited by brick

I too have this very amp apart from mine has the older blue speaker fitted, on it's own I find it ok, but when I link up my other 15" deep Ashdown cab the whole amp comes alive.

By adding the extension cab you are bringing the impedance down to 4ohms, so yeah, you are getting full power. If I am playing with my fathers band who use a full powered Mackie rig I don't bother wth the extension cab as I DI the Ashdown and run it through the bins.

Really good amps, I should have really bought the 2x10 EvoII and added the 15" cab to give a more rounded sound instead of the 2x15" cabs, nevermind, plenty of low end wallop though! :)

Lee

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='947650' date='Sep 6 2010, 09:01 PM']by adding an ext cab,,,does this decrease the overall output, or does this bring the amp to its maximum impedance and deliver 307watts?[/quote]

yeah as lee7 said it brings the amp to its max impedance, the amp section is 4 ohm and the combo speaker is 8 ohm so to get the max output you need to run an 8 ohm extension cab also