Why become a member? ×

Gordy Blueshift Deluxe SOLD!

H the Bass

RARE Gordy bass guitar hand built by Gordon WHITHAM of Gordon SMITH guitars in 1982 in excellent condition,low action all original GREAT BASS with HARD CASE.Offers around £350 please.Looks like it was built yesterday!Pick ups and hardware by Schaller. SOLD

Edited by H the Bass

[quote name='lozbass' post='945937' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:54 AM']Wow! You don't see many of these - absolutely lovely handbuilt by two of the UK's best luthiers. I'm very tempted...good luck![/quote]
Cheers M8 she is in lovely condition , i believe Andy who built most of this bass under Gordons supervision now has his own firm.Anyone got any info?

[quote name='H the Bass' post='949172' date='Sep 8 2010, 09:46 AM']Cheers M8 she is in lovely condition , i believe Andy who built most of this bass under Gordons supervision now has his own firm.Anyone got any info?[/quote]
Apparently Andy Evans who was Gordons apprentice now runs Pendragon Guitars in south Wales check out his quality WOW!

[quote name='H the Bass' post='945932' date='Sep 5 2010, 09:50 AM']RARE Gordy bass guitar hand built by Gordon WHITHAM of Gordon SMITH guitars in 1982 in excellent condition,low action all original GREAT BASS with HARD CASE.Offers around £350 please.Looks like it was built yesterday!Pick ups and hardware by Schaller.[/quote]
hello, is the gordy still for sale??

[quote name='keeptrying' post='952135' date='Sep 10 2010, 06:51 PM']hello, is the gordy still for sale??[/quote]
At the moment yes but it is getting some interest, a couple of people are coming to try on Sunday and i would think it will sell, if your interested you can allways give me a ring on 01926 771194 Cheers H

[quote name='H the Bass' post='952199' date='Sep 10 2010, 07:56 PM']At the moment yes but it is getting some interest, a couple of people are coming to try on Sunday and i would think it will sell, if your interested you can allways give me a ring on 01926 771194 Cheers H[/quote],
Still not gone bad weather stopped viewers on Sunday ,go on make me an offer, i hate to think what a hand made bass of this quality would cost now?!Gotta be a bargain,i also have a nice 'GEDDY LEE' jazz up for around £500 practically plays itself!

[quote name='H the Bass' post='956549' date='Sep 14 2010, 09:03 PM'],
Still not gone bad weather stopped viewers on Sunday ,go on make me an offer, i hate to think what a hand made bass of this quality would cost now?!Gotta be a bargain,i also have a nice 'GEDDY LEE' jazz up for around £500 practically plays itself![/quote]
sorry to hear the gordy didnt sell,
any offer i made at the moment would be an insult to both you and the bass, but if its still around in a month or two,
i may be back in the land of sensible offers
. if i keep off the beer and hide me spare change from the missus.
theres someone just posted in the hello part of the forum thats looking for a geddy lee.
good luck mate....

[quote name='cocco' post='956594' date='Sep 14 2010, 09:44 PM']What's the tone like on this?[/quote]
From cutting to Thunderous,it has passive pick ups but an active tone control fitted by Nik Kershaws guitar tech apologies to any enquirers i got a bit ill and ended up in hospital!OK now 1st £300 secures it should be worth loads more !

[quote name='keeptrying' post='956601' date='Sep 14 2010, 09:46 PM']sorry to hear the gordy didnt sell,
any offer i made at the moment would be an insult to both you and the bass, but if its still around in a month or two,
i may be back in the land of sensible offers
. if i keep off the beer and hide me spare change from the missus.
theres someone just posted in the hello part of the forum thats looking for a geddy lee.
good luck mate....[/quote]
Cheers all the best H

[quote name='cocco' date='Sep 18 2010, 03:49 PM' post='960487']
This is tempting me! Can I see more pics somehow?

Hi iv'e loaded some more pics (hopefully) , the lights caught them a bit, the 1st photo is more representative of its rich red colour ! Cheers H Dunno where the marks have come from in these photo's just reflections and probably muck on my misses camera hope they help!

Edited by H the Bass