Why become a member? ×

Pre EB Stingray string mutes (Sorted)!

stingrayPete1977

After getting my pre EB earlier this year the missing string mute was bugging me a little bit.....
I decided to give the whole bass a strip down, Clean and removed the remaining mutes. (Note the original finish and earlier style pup route that does not follow the pup shape!)
[attachment=72887:original_finish.JPG]
Then using these and a little patience with a new stanley knife blade and the old mutes to copy.....(strange name "kit tampons"? but only 59p)
[attachment=72888:foam_pads.JPG]
Has now become this.
[attachment=72912:mutes_.JPG]
:) :rolleyes: :lol: :o :o
And not one penny to Big Poppa either which is the cherry on top!

This is still the cleanest pre EB I have seen on BC too, Happy and Bunny you might say.
[attachment=72913:20100817_05.JPG]

Edited by stingrayPete1977

Cool and the gang.

Tampon is French for rubber stamp btw. :)

Did you not try the EB forum for some? There was a guy offering a '83 bridge in a crappy state but he had the unused mutes to go along with it a couple of months back. He was after something ridiculous like £100 for the bridge which was way too much but I bet he would have sold the mute separate for a couple of bob.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='945703' date='Sep 4 2010, 09:04 PM']Not so much slagging everything off, as just not thinking about anything else.

You'd fit in nicely. :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Haha ,I do have a lot of GAS for P-bass and an early G&L plus I use my Jazz at most gigs for at least a few songs or a whole set.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...