Why become a member? ×

Song endings.

TimR

Man endings for my band are probably the most worked out and practiced part of our songs, Intro's tend to be very organic and jammed, at least while writing the song and then perhaps a little more structured, but the endings we spend alot of time on to try and avoid clichés really, plus most of our songs live flow in and out of each other so the classic stopping dead and hung note while drummer bashes cymbals don't really lend themselves to that.

I think most people are agreed though that a well thought out ending can really add alot to any song.

On a slight side note after playing guitar hero metallica its funny to note that that band simply cannot finish a song. False endings are fun but not for your entire set/repitoire lol.

I would like 'prepared' endings, but, most of time time, whichever band it is, it goes in the most boring way - guitard and drummer simply w***s to death, as if there's no one around..

At the end of the tune, esp if it ends with major chord, I like doing some pentatonic run and resolve it to maj 10th on top and the root at the bottom - sounds very nice to my ears..

Thanks. Looks like it's not just me then. I don't want to push the issue unnecessarily but I suspect that the rest of guys are already feeling like this too.

As I say most of our songs do have endings so they understand the importance. Just a few to work on I guess and rehearse the ones we do have properly.