Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 5 string Peavey Grind BXP NTB5

goblin

Hey guys, basically I've got too many basses and this one's surplus to requirements as I don't play 5 strings anymore.

I've used it flat out for gigs and recording sessions over the past couple of years, and general rehersal and practise too, and it's never missed a beat. Only problem I've ever had with it is when I snapped an E string during a gig (no I don't quite know how either! :rolleyes: ).

It's very playable and easy going on the shoulder too as it's well balanced.

Spec wise, it's passive with two humbucking pickups with a 35" scale and 24 fret (2 octave) thru-neck. Woods are a blend of mahoghany, maple and imbuya with a rosewood fretboard, which has been well looked after including a recent wax, and the fretboard and frets cleaned and treated with lemon oil during a recent restring with D'addario strings (I can measure the gauge if anyone wants more info there).

It comes with a reasonably solid case (one of those canvas / nylon covered polysteyrene zip up cases), and the strap buttons are also compatible with schaller strap locks.

I'm based in Rochdale and looking for £200, and I'll post as well for an additional cost. Pictures are linked below, and if anyone wants to know anything just give me a shout, I'm on here most of the time :lol: :)

[url="http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/goblin92/Basses/"]http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/goblin92/Basses/[/url]

Edited by goblin

Forgot to mention that the last couple of photos show a little bit of damage from where the previous owner looks to have dropped it (the original strap pins were rubbish hence the schallers). It's not as bad as the pics suggest and it's hard to notice unless you look for it :)

I can't take any trades I'm afraid (as nice as that spector sounds!) I think I might be shot if I get another bass at this moment in time :rolleyes:

Just measured the strings for anyone who might want to know, and they're 125 - 45s :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...