Why become a member? ×

Duncan Designed PB101 Vintage voice P Bassp/u

Howdy Folks!

I was quite impressed with this pick up in my recently acquired Squire VM P Bass - especially after changing it's very old strings - the p/u really came to life with the DR Sunbeams!

However I've an NP4 on its way and wanna soup the VM to give my USA a run for it's money. I'm hoping the NP4 can lift the VM to even greater tonal heights and I'm prepared to lose some of the bite and pick tone goodness of the PB101 for the added depth of the Nordy.

Not much to say other than SD designed this guy to sound vintage and they use Alnico5 magnets to back up their claims and you may be surprised at how good this p/u sounds and responds to different playing styles such as finger and pick.

Naturally I'll leave all wires and pots connected (but as I write I'd need to retain the control knobs but that may change) and do it for £15 delivered via 1st class post in the UK.

If you have an old P bass with a poor pick up this might just be the tonic it needs. As many of our fellow BC'ers will tell you the new Squires are getting great reviews and write up's and that all boils down to two things: feel and TONE.

Give that old P bass a new lease of life and if anyone asks about that killer tone tell 'em Duncan Designed 'em! Now there's a tag line!

PM's will be responded to ASAP

Cheers

G

• 9 months later...