Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hellos

>tenth<

i am shahriar, been playing for about 5 years,got a btb 5 string and a 4 string bass collection. was looking for a second hand bass on net wen i found this site..great forum man,loved it. i started out playing metal, played for few death metal bands.then after a year got into technical stuffs,played with a cover band,did stuffs like death,necrophagist etc. in 2008 i kinda got out of touch with my bass.after two years i started playing again.i play for a hardcore band now. well,there are loads of great bassist in every scene, its just that i hardly get any inspiration from bassists now a days.. i mean honestly i really didnt buy a record because of how awesome the bass sounds,or super cool bass licks.. its was just because of the band may be.and in hardcore scene its just hopeless..bassist playing freakin single note the whole album,there are bands of whom i couldnt even hear the bass properly.the last proper bass work i heard was from a band called brain drill,but they are like 'technical' and very very underground,and on top extreme metal.and honestly my influence on bass was never 90's bassist.. i mean i loved few band more than any thing,but these bassists never inspired me. i really cant even think of anybody other than flea and mudvaynes bassist.i honestly got influenced by billy sheehan,victor wooten,bill dickens.my point is it would be nice to see new good bassists.

welcome! I'm newbie too, and almost in the same situation (been playing for almost 5 years now and so on). Have you tried to seek for the main influences of your favourite bassists? If they do a nice bass work, they must have learnt it from them. Well, that's just my tip. I hope you find new inspirational bassists.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...