Why become a member? ×

Hi..

Rusco

Hi everyone,

I’ve just signed up so thought I would say hello. I’ve started playing bass after 25 years playing sax, due partly to a mid life crisis as I approach 40 and partly my wife finally getting fed up with me going on about it (so bought me some lessons).

I currently have a very very cheap Lindo bass bought 2nd hand just to get me going so my next step is to buy something better. I really like the look of Music Man basses but they will be wasted on me at the moment so I’ve been looking at Squiers, either a P-Bass special or standard Jazz being the latest theory. I’m sure I will be asking lots of questions once I’ve worked out where to post them !.

Great web site.

Best wishes..

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

If you go down the Squier Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe route, then you will find that the quality is excellent, better than the standard/affinity ranges. Although a little more expensive, they are well worth the extra £'s.

For MM Stingray on a budget, have a look in the for sale section here - I think there were one or two OLP basses being offered. I can't vouch for them feeling and playing like the real thing, but they certainly look the part.

Whichever way you go, I would recommend trawling through the for sale section here - there are some good bargains to be had.

• 4 weeks later...