Why become a member? ×

Ampeg cabs!

howieee

hey guys. im interested in the ampeg svt series 1x18 and 2x15 cabs. would like a little bit of info on them really.

does anyone know why ampeg dont make them any more.... did they have an inherent problem or something? or are they as reliable and as great sounding as todays cabinets!? i certianly hope so. ........ does anyone own either of these cabinets?

iv been keeping a look out for them but they seem to be a rarity over here in the uk? seems like they are more available over in the US for around $500...... iv been keeping my eye on the for sale section on the forum but to no avail! whats the going rate over here for these cabinets? thanks for your help!

Ampeg don't even make the 210 any more!!

Manufacturers will make what they believe their customers want to buy and they'll stop making stuff that isn't selling. The fantastic technology behind speakers these days means that you don't need big speakers in order to get more bass. This is why 10’s and 12’s are the top selling cabs.

[quote name='chris_b' post='937357' date='Aug 26 2010, 05:42 PM']Ampeg don't even make the 210 any more!![/quote]
They still do that as a combo though. Thankfully I have an old 90s SVT 2x10 USA cab which is great. I'm sure they'll do another run at some point.

As for the OP I think Chris has answered it best. The 1x18 always was a bit flabby