Why become a member? ×

SHOW ME FENDER MUSICMASTER LOVE

matt_citizenbass

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='936326' date='Aug 25 2010, 07:46 PM']what a beauty![/quote]
Thanks! She's a bit tatty here and there, is rather on the heavy side, and sounds like farting into a trashcan (© Dusty Hill), but I don't think I'll ever part with her. :)

• 1 year later...

Well, it's 79. I picked it up in a right state in August 1989 (for £65). I patched her up here and there, but after a few years decided that she really need to be given the love and attention she deserved, and decided to get her back to something like normal. However, I'm not very good at stuff like that - particularly the sanding and painting, so at the start of November, I passed all the bits to someone who DOES.

I got it back last week looking like this, Boy does she play well. Has a Seymour Duncan SHR-1b Pup in and sounds lush (as long as you leave it as far from the strings as you can!!).

Edited by NeilMorrell

Thats a cool MM Neil, nice one! My one had a similar story... picked it up about 5 years or so ago all sanded down to the wood and in desperate need of some TLC. It came out the other end looking like this :

[attachment=96016:stage 3 - the completed bass!.JPG]

I used it live for a while, but that crappy pickup Fender put in there in the first place really didnt cut the mustard. An SD pickup sounds like a fine choice to get it "out there" and heard...

Nice looking MM there Stag.

If anyone is interested, I may be able to get some accurate bodys made, If blanks are done, then they can be routed further to either Musicmaster or Mustang as per required.

One thing! If you can't find the original bridge, DO NOT attempt to put a Squire Bronco Bridge (easily available on EBay, or I have one for sale - however, I have a "bitsa" 51 P Bass in mind at the mo so may use it on that) on a Musicmaster Body. The rear screw holes are not in the same place - and the bridge routs on the MM body are exactly where the back screws will go!