Why become a member? ×

low pass filter

callingltu

[quote name='xgsjx' post='934322' date='Aug 24 2010, 12:04 AM']MF-101 & an ep2 pedal. Not the cheapest option tho & you still need something to make the synth sound.[/quote]

The cheapest option for a treadle-controlled filter at the moment is the EHX Enigma. The Moof MF-101 has become a staple but it isn't the only game in town. Another good option is a Meatball clone (Robot Factory Meatwad, Barge Concepts Grinder) or the new, compact, fairly awesome-looking but bespoke and thus expensive outside of the UK Iron Ether Xerograph. To be fair all of those pedals aside from the EHX are duty-heavy imports. Decide which builder you like and which price you like and off you go.

For the initial synth sound (which you will filter) start with a gated fuzz. I would massively recommend the Chunk Systems Brown Dog. It is excellent. You might never need another base (spelling correct!) sound pre-filter (depending on how deep into synth sounds you want to go).

Edited by thisnameistaken

Thx guys, I'll check out those pedals.
And thx for suggesting smth for synth sound, but i already have russian muff, digitech xbw and now I'm building DIY wolly mammoth and gonna buy octaver next week, so for synth sound that's quite enough :) I was just interested in filters :rolleyes: