Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Yamaha BBT500h head

onehappybunny

I have been ummm'ing and ahhhh'ing about selling this very flexible, lightweight 500W head (@ 2ohms) and have eventually decided to sell up as I have decided to go for a combo instead.

Most recently I've been using it as a pre-amp, as the pre-amp section is very flexible (inc. various modelled sounds - from clean, tube, overdrive, distorted etc.). That way you also have a backup if the power amp fails!

[attachment=4140:DSC_5421.JPG]

[attachment=4141:DSC_5422.JPG]

Edit: NOW INCLUDES FREE GIG BAG

[attachment=5186:DSC_7447.jpg]

[b]Harmony Central reviews:[/b]
[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Yamaha/BBT-500H+Head/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...-500H+Head/10/1[/url]

Before they were discontinued they were going for c.£500 so I think that £200 plus P&P should be a good deal (or pick-up from near Guildford, Surrey).

Just p.m. me with any interest

Thanks

Stu

Edited by onehappybunny

I was inspired to get mine out again and give it some exercise. A very useful amp at a very reasonable price. I've actually got two as Thomann were selling them for a really silly couldn't be passed over price, for a week or so many moons ago.

Like so much Yamaha stuff it's good, let down by being sold at highly discounted rates, poorly marketed (Big Company) and has low popularity that belies it's quality i.e. if it had another name on it and was more expensive it'd ironically be a lot more popular, imo of course.

So Bump

• 1 month later...

[quote name='ste_m3' post='126854' date='Jan 24 2008, 12:55 PM']What a deal! Im not in much position to be making offers at the moment im afraid, Am i right in assuming its about 300w at 4 ohms?[/quote]

According to the manual it's 250W @ 4 ohms and 500W @ 2ohms. Also, weighs just 11 lbs 7 oz. I've sold my cabs to BassJase (really nice guy b.t.w.), but a couple of folks on this site have matching Yamaha cabs for sale.