westbury deluxe

:) up for sale my very rare westbury deluxe
in decent condition for its age
needs a little fretwork but nothing major
sounds great all the usual les paul sustain with a coil
split switch to add some single coil sparkle
as much as i love it it doesnt get used and need to find a new
owner Edited by hagguy

Bump for a gorgeous vintage JapCrap guitar.

For those that don't know, Westburys were high-end Matsumoku builds, made between 1978 & 1981. I have the bottom-of-the-range Westbury Standard & it's quite simply the best guitar I've ever played.

Anyway spec of this is excellent - all-maple build with set-neck, carved arch-top with German carved edge, Gotoh hardware, DiMarzio Super Distortion & Dual Sound pups.

Lots of guitards rave about these as "Les Paul killers" and they might have a point - mine certainly pi$$es all over the two LPs I've used.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='929597' date='Aug 19 2010, 11:45 AM']Bump for a gorgeous vintage JapCrap guitar.

For those that don't know, Westburys were high-end Matsumoku builds, made between 1978 & 1981. I have the bottom-of-the-range Westbury Standard & it's quite simply the best guitar I've ever played.

Anyway spec of this is excellent - all-maple build with set-neck, carved arch-top with German carved edge, Gotoh hardware, DiMarzio Super Distortion & Dual Sound pups.

Lots of guitards rave about these as "Les Paul killers" and they might have a point - mine certainly pi$$es all over the two LPs I've used.

Jon.[/quote]

cheers jon couldn't put it better myself, i've had gibby les paul standrds before and
i honestley couldn't justify one after having westburys. this deluxe has a serial number on the
headstock which if i'm not mistaken is one of the handmade ones, really love this one but monets tight
and needs must :)

• 1 year later...

[quote name='hagguy' post='928803' date='Aug 18 2010, 05:03 PM']:) up for sale my very rare westbury deluxe
owner[/quote]
What are you looking for, I am in Glasgow?, or has it been sold?

Regards

Bob

[quote name='hagguy' post='928803' date='Aug 18 2010, 05:03 PM']:) up for sale my very rare westbury deluxe
owner[/quote]

[quote name='bob T' post='1362457' date='Sep 4 2011, 11:48 PM']Further to my other e-mail, I have been looking for one for some time, can you let me know if it is still available?

Bob[/quote]

hi bob the westbury has been away for a while the only westbury I have left is my standard basically a slab top version of the deluxe

[quote name='hagguy' post='1362463' date='Sep 4 2011, 11:53 PM']hi bob the westbury has been away for a while the only westbury I have left is my standard basically a slab top version of the deluxe[/quote]
would you consider selling this one, what colour is it?

Bob