Why become a member? ×

Sansamp BDDI users a couple of questions

ingenius

Hey all,
i got mine yesterday and love the sound and tones, but i noticed 2 things, it hisses slightly depending on the preset, but this dissappears when you hit the switch and go to by pass. Also when making on the fly changes, i get some modulation noise depending how much you change the setting until you double click and save the settings whereupon it stops.
the main question
[size="5"][/size]IS THIS NORMAL
regards
Keith M
For info i am using a Solid state Tecamp Puma 1000, plugged into the front input with all settings flat.

IME, yes & yes.

Some of the pre-sets have a lot of treble and they can hiss a bit. You should find that the more bassy pre-sets don't have the same issue.

The knobs can also go a bit warbley as you change settings, as if there are some sort of "threshholds" that you're moving through.

Note also that the BDDI is really very sensitive to active basses, and quickly slips into extreme overdrive sounds. It's much easier to use and control (IMHO) with passive basses.

You need to be a bit careful if you're running a compressor pedal at the same time. Depending on your settings, you can get some outrageously 'gnarly' tones.

Thanks Happy Jack
that waylays a few fears of a faulty unit
regards
Keith M

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='922333' date='Aug 12 2010, 09:05 AM']IME, yes & yes.

Some of the pre-sets have a lot of treble and they can hiss a bit. You should find that the more bassy pre-sets don't have the same issue.

The knobs can also go a bit warbley as you change settings, as if there are some sort of "threshholds" that you're moving through.

Note also that the BDDI is really very sensitive to active basses, and quickly slips into extreme overdrive sounds. It's much easier to use and control (IMHO) with passive basses.

You need to be a bit careful if you're running a compressor pedal at the same time. Depending on your settings, you can get some outrageously 'gnarly' tones.[/quote]