Why become a member? ×

Hello!

Cyrene

Hi all. I'm not exactly a 'just-joined' as I've been lurking the classifieds for some time in an effort to find those bargains.
I live near Teesside and am playing a Highway One Jazz at the moment. I love it to bits and it is my first bass so I'm working my way around it, playing bits of Pumpkins, Zep, Cream, a few jazz licks and blues progressions -- endless blue progressions in fact!
My amp is decent enough for home use, a Line 6 LD15 but I feel that when I do start playing with others I'll need a bit more.
That's my next goal: to start jamming in an informal setting; i don't have a load of self confidence so it'll be tough. My next big purchase is likely to be a decent used amp, then after that a Fiesta red Precision :)
I am currently debating whether to go for a flatwound set up as I feel it'll give me more the sounds that's 'me', if that makes any sense.
So cheers, it seems like a nice bunch here. Do I need a tattoo next?

[quote name='Cyrene' post='918297' date='Aug 7 2010, 08:00 PM']Hi all. I'm not exactly a 'just-joined' as I've been lurking the classifieds for some time in an effort to find those bargains.
I live near Teesside and am playing a Highway One Jazz at the moment. I love it to bits and it is my first bass so I'm working my way around it, playing bits of Pumpkins, Zep, Cream, a few jazz licks and blues progressions -- endless blue progressions in fact!
My amp is decent enough for home use, a Line 6 LD15 but I feel that when I do start playing with others I'll need a bit more.
That's my next goal: to start jamming in an informal setting; i don't have a load of self confidence so it'll be tough. My next big purchase is likely to be a decent used amp, then after that a Fiesta red Precision :)
I am currently debating whether to go for a flatwound set up as I feel it'll give me more the sounds that's 'me', if that makes any sense.
So cheers, it seems like a nice bunch here. Do I need a tattoo next?[/quote]
Welcome to Basschat - sortof.

Precision - def essential! Tattoo - not essential, at least I don`t think so. Gotta love `em though!