Why become a member? ×

A spot of eBay trouble...

Fiorenza2

I'm not sure what there is to argue about here. The seller offers a returns policy which entitles you to a refund based simply on your whim. If he refuses to honour this he is in breach of Ebay's T&Cs and possibly risks having his account suspended. I strongly suspect his 10% surcharge also breaches T&Cs he's signed up to.

Ebay is massively weighted in favour of the buyer. Send the bloody bass back & use Ebay's dispute process to force him to give you a full refund.

And next time buy a bass off BC!

Jon.

Hey all,

Firstly, AFAIK, the DSR applies on eBay in this case, so all I'm trying to do is get my money back on a bass I don't like. I'm sure from the seller's POV I'm being unreasonable, but the fact is he has to honour the DSR.

Secondly, eBay have replied again. Basically, there's nothing they can do at all. They can't force him to give any money back, and the best they could possibly do is maybe give him a warning and such. Apparently when the listing is done, they can't enforce anything... Originally I'd thought what most of the posts say here, that eBay sides with the buyer pretty much, but after waiting 5 days for 2 dissapointing replies I can say my opinion of this has utterly changed for now. I'll just take it as experience and a lesson learnt.

Thirdly, I'm apprehensive about sending the bass back just like that. Whilst I'm not keen on keeping it either, the last thing I want is no bass nor money. The seller hasn't replied in about 5 days, so I'm assuming sending the bass back just out of the blue may not make matters any better for me.

Finally, whilst I am a frequent visitor of the BC classifieds, and have made a couple of offers, there's been nothing really that's floated my boat recently, hence turning to eBay... My mistake, due to impatience and immaturity of wanting things NOWWWW! Lessons learnt etc.

I'm sorry if I came across as a bit of a tw*t :) but I've got GAS and I need the money to cure it!

Thanks again for the help guys,
Phil

[quote name='Fiorenza2' post='916955' date='Aug 6 2010, 01:39 PM']I'm sorry if I came across as a bit of a tw*t :) but I've got GAS and I need the money to cure it!

Thanks again for the help guys,
Phil[/quote]

Not at all... I've had a few close shaves with eBay over the years and your rights are your rights. I think people are often far too wishy washy. My view when dealing with such matters is polite > nasty > solicitors. If you see what I mean :rolleyes: