Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

S1 pot and switch?

john_the_bass

If I wanted to fit an S1 style series/parallel set up to a jazz without fitting a mini toggle switch, can I get hold of one of these S1 pots and switch knobs from anywhere - I've seen a couple of complete control plates go for sale on here and I'm not really looking to do that, just replace the pot. Other than that, a pull/push pot would do the job I suppose.
Any ideas?

Short answer - no. Fender are highly restrictive in their S1 pots. You can't buy them as spares, so you either buy a complete control plate and swap it out (like the one I was selling on here but had no takers) or fit a generic push/pull to effectively do the same.

Steve

• 2 months later...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='99552' date='Dec 5 2007, 01:36 PM']If I wanted to fit an S1 style series/parallel set up to a jazz without fitting a mini toggle switch, can I get hold of one of these S1 pots and switch knobs from anywhere - I've seen a couple of complete control plates go for sale on here and I'm not really looking to do that, just replace the pot. Other than that, a pull/push pot would do the job I suppose.
Any ideas?[/quote]
I tried (unsuccessfully) a couple of times to fit a push-pull pot for series/parallel to me Geddy Lee & ended up getting one of these [url="http://www.guitar-mod.com/rg_prewired.html"]http://www.guitar-mod.com/rg_prewired.html[/url] (scroll down to the JSP). I can't rate it highly enough. I wanted a stiffer pot after I had used it for a few months, sent it back to him & he changed it for free and even paid the postage back to the UK over Xmas. Must have cost about £80 initially including import duty, and only 4 wires (+ earth) to solder. He even provides heat shrink tubing for the connectors. Good luck!