Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried a Levinson Blade Tetra Standard?

2wheeler

Has anyone tried a Levinson Blade Tetra Classic? (That's the one with the passive pickups, despite having a battery for the mid boost circuit, if I understand correctly.)

This got a great review in Bass Guitar Magazine and I am very interested.

A related questions is, does anyone know where I can try one remotely close to York?

Edited by 2wheeler

• 5 months later...

[quote name='2wheeler' post='99497' date='Dec 5 2007, 01:17 PM']Has anyone tried a Levinson Blade Tetra Classic? (That's the one with the passive pickups, despite having a battery for the mid boost circuit, if I understand correctly.)

A related questions is, does anyone know where I can try one remotely close to York?[/quote]

Oops I mean standard, not classic.

[quote name='2wheeler' post='99497' date='Dec 5 2007, 01:17 PM']Has anyone tried a Levinson Blade Tetra Classic? (That's the one with the passive pickups, despite having a battery for the mid boost circuit, if I understand correctly.)

A related questions is, does anyone know where I can try one remotely close to York?[/quote]

mmmm if this is the jazz-copy one cost on the £400ish range - they had one at the bass merchant in witham essex a few months back. Think it might still be there .. but not very close to york.

I had a quick plunk on it and must admit for the money I did like it as an alternative to a jazz.

a friend of mine have one old blade fender jazz style...i tried it just few minutes , long ago , for what i can remember it was very solid , well built jazz style bass , if i remember well it was active..so a sort of jazz on steroid...for sure the way it was built was excellent in all particulars....if you can find one for a reasonalble price you can go for it

[quote name='Hit&Run']Which edition of BGM was it reviewed in?[/quote]

Issue 32 (you can get this information from their web site, I did :) ).
[url="http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/issue_32.html"]http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/issue_32.html[/url]

That was a good question to ask because I see that Stuart Clayton did the review.
HELLO STUART! Are you reading this? Any comments?

[quote name='haruki']if this is the jazz-copy one cost on the £400ish range[/quote]

That's the one.

[quote name='paul, the']A peculiar thread.[/quote]

There are other threads asking if people have tried particular basses. What's peculiar about this thread?

[quote name='paul, the']Is it regarding the one on the 'bay?[/quote]

No. They're very new and I would be surprise to see one on ebay.