Why become a member? ×

My Korean Krap

Low End Bee

[attachment=54151:DSCF0014.JPG]
[attachment=54150:DSCF0017.JPG]

Late 80s. Made for a Florida guitar chain apparently.

I've had this knocking around a fair while. Bought it as a wreck with a banana neck for £20. I replaced the dead jazz pick up with a £10 fleebay special, the missing tuners for £15 and likewise the seized bridge for a fiver.
I wound the truss rod right off and stuck it in an old case with a cloth wrapped plank on top of it to straighten it a year or so ago. Forgot I had it until last night. Took it out . The neck looked straight. adjusted the rod and put an old set of Elite flats on it. After a bit of setting up it all works! The pots are a bit scratchy but apart from that you could get away with this at a gig if you absolutely had too.
Not the greatest tone in the world and a lot off neck dive but cheap enough not to worry about that.
No idea what I'm going to do with it though? Maybe i'll set fire to it in a video or something?

I'm right sad, me - I do like those stars 'n' planets inlays!

I was actually slightly tempted by a butchered & bastardized one of these in my local Crack Converters a year or so ago - someone had bodged a strange-looking tort scratchplate onto it.

Luckily I saw sense & ran away. :)

Jon.

[quote name='OldGit' post='894128' date='Jul 13 2010, 08:19 PM']I've never seen machine heads with Fender stamped on the winders before ... Wonder what they are from ...[/quote]

From the factory production line of Beijing Bottle Top and Fake Hardware Worldwide Inc at a guess.
They're OK when you've got them to pitch but are a little vague on the way there.

Had another play last night. Everythings settled down nicely and it's not too bad at all. Can't complain for £50 all in.