Why become a member? ×

Hi from Swindon

Raggy

Hi all,

Have been lurking for a long time (anyone remember Bassworld?), thought i should say hello.

Hello.

Have been playing on and off for years and am in a Punk/Ska/Indie/PsychoBilly band (wwwdotthekillertonesdotcom).
Am using a AeroDyne through a GK 1001 into Mark Bass 4x10 and 2x10 cabs. Though have just got hold of an Ashdown 1150w Head :) so am thinking of changing for a couple of Aguilar GS 2x12's.

Have always thought this was a top site and have picked up loads of hints along the way.

Cheers
Steve

Edited by Raggy

[quote name='Raggy' post='98809' date='Dec 4 2007, 01:39 PM']Hi all,

Have been lurking for a long time (anyone remember Bassworld?), thought i should say hello.

Hello.

Have been playing on and off for years and am in a Punk/Ska/Indie/PsychoBilly band (www.thekillertones.com).
Am using a AeroDyne through a GK 1001 into Mark Bass 4x10 and 2x10 cabs. Though have just got hold of an Ashdown 1150w Head :) so am thinking of changing for a couple of Aguilar GS 2x12's.

Have always thought this was a top site and have picked up loads of hints along the way.

Cheers
Steve[/quote]

Heya Steve

Welcome aboard!

Good to have another Swindonite on here :huh:

Darren

P.S. Pity you couldn't do the gig on the 13th for us - have fun in the studio :huh:

[quote name='colda' post='98824' date='Dec 4 2007, 01:59 PM']Heya Steve

Welcome aboard!

Good to have another Swindonite on here :)

Darren

P.S. Pity you couldn't do the gig on the 13th for us - have fun in the studio :huh:[/quote]

Hi Darren

Yea would of been good on the 13th. Our last gig there was I think on the first night you ran. But we will return. :huh:

Steve

[quote name='Raggy' post='98830' date='Dec 4 2007, 02:03 PM']Hi Darren

Yea would of been good on the 13th. Our last gig there was I think on the first night you ran. But we will return. :)

Steve[/quote]

It was indeed (1st March) - but fear not, things have progressed a hell of a lot since then :huh:

....and if I remember correctly you were wearing a Nobodys Heroes t-shirt (who just happen to be playing on the 13th) :huh:

Edited by colda

[quote name='BassBomber414' post='99099' date='Dec 4 2007, 07:42 PM']The Two Pigs at Pickwick (A4) Corsham has live bands on Monday nights.

And you never know, Floyd's Nick Mason lives 200 yards away, might pop in.[/quote]

Cheers, might pop down and have a look

[quote name='Raggy' post='98967' date='Dec 4 2007, 04:54 PM']I would recommend Riffs Bar (best pub in the World) the 12 Bar and the Vic tho.[/quote]

Another Swindoner here! (I used to post on Bassworld back in the day too!)

My band (Seven Years On) are playing Riffs Bar on Friday evening, Swindon has some great venues! :)

Edited by flip

)
My band (Seven Years On) are playing Riffs Bar on Friday evening, Swindon has some great venues! :)
[/quote]

+1 to that.

Sounds like a few more pubs are going to start live music again soon aswell.

We were at Riffs last weekend, always have a good time there whether we are playing or watching.