Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 1212L

Wil

I'll have a new cab incoming soon so although it pains me I'll need to shift this. One in, one out...

It's a 4ohm 1212L. Fantastic little cab, which I'd say is the nicest sounding cab I've ever owned thus far. It's not cosmetically perfect, there are some chips in the rhino finish and it's missing the knob for the tweeter attenuator (but you can still adjust the tweeter by turning the shaft). I don't currently have any pics so I hope Finbar doesn't mind me linking to his original for sale thread which does have some pictures of the cosmetic imperfections:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=68228&hl=1212l"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=68228&hl=1212l[/url]

Soundwise this is a very versatile beast - it has tons of punch and cuts through a mix beautifully. It's a very loud box for the size and it's very sensitive - I've been running it with just 300 watts and it's louder than a Marshall 4x12 I compared it to at our practice rooms. It's probably not the cab for you if you want a dubby, loose vintage tone as it's very focused and tight sounding. Did I mention it's punchy? It comes with a nice padded cover too.

Oh yeah, and it's light. 42lbs/19kg - an easy one hand carry.

£350 + postage, [b]firm[/b].

Edited by Wil

Hi,

I'm not sure of the age to be honest, I've owned it since late last year and the previous owner had it for around 2 years though. I'm based in Bradley Stoke, not too far from you really - welcome to come and try it if you like (I doubt the neighbours would be happy if we cranked it though :) ). Another option (if you did want to take it) is that I'm working in Cardiff on Tuesday next week if you're able to get into the city centre.

Edited by Wil

[quote name='Wil' post='889520' date='Jul 8 2010, 02:03 PM']Hi,

I'm not sure of the age to be honest, I've owned it since late last year and the previous owner had it for around 2 years though. I'm based in Bradley Stoke, not too far from you really - welcome to come and try it if you like (I doubt the neighbours would be happy if we cranked it though :) ). Another option (if you did want to take it) is that I'm working in Cardiff on Tuesday next week if you're able to get into the city centre.[/quote]
sorry i ve taken a while getting back to you. yeah i could meet you in cardiff next tuesday . [anytime] i can offer you £300 sorry its below your asking price . but the cab has done a bit of mileage. a think thats a fair price.

I've had a few people message me with offers but it's still for sale.

I'm going to amend my price to £350 + postage, [b]firm[/b] (I paid £400 + postage for this cab myself less than a year ago, so although I appriciate they've been going on here for peanuts recently, I'd rather keep it than sell it for less than that).

I don't really want to sell it, because it's awesome, but I have a one in, one out rule so it's got to go.

Oooh! I forgot about your earlier kind offer when I bought the cab.

RichardH = officially very helpful :)

I'd be happy to bung you a few quid Rich if you fancied posting me a little pot, then I can touch it up in advance, thus making this cab so desirable no mortal could resist!

Edited by Wil

[quote name='Wil' post='892676' date='Jul 12 2010, 12:01 PM']Oooh! I forgot about your earlier kind offer when I bought the cab.

RichardH = officially very helpful :)

I'd be happy to bung you a few quid Rich if you fancied posting me a little pot, then I can touch it up in advance, thus making this cab so desirable no mortal could resist![/quote]

PM me your address and I'll pop something in the post.