Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman 135

Jigster

[quote name='Jigster' post='884294' date='Jul 2 2010, 08:12 PM']hi, can anyone verify for me what the pre-amp tubes are in the Bassman 135? there's two together and one stands alone -

thanks for any help[/quote]

1x12at7, 2x7025 (12ax7).

What you got mines a 1978.

[quote name='thebassman' post='884346' date='Jul 2 2010, 09:00 PM']1x12at7, 2x7025 (12ax7).

What you got mines a 1978.[/quote]

great amps
mine's a 79 i think - eyes left!

Edited by Bassnut62

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='884378' date='Jul 2 2010, 09:56 PM']great amps
mine's a 79 i think - eyes left![/quote]

Just a shame I don't get to use mine that much, I tend to use the boogie most of the time.
I have owned it for about 20 years and would never part with it.

yup, i would never part with mine either.
it is such a high quality and reliable head - one of the best kep secrets about I reckon.
works great with some nice effects too, it keeps everything clear and sweet.
I drive it with a Catalinbread SFT to transform it into a snarling, punching beast when required - looking to run the SFT on 18v soon too, which should make my Bassman 135 capable of crushing all before it.

What cabs are you running yours into?

[quote name='firmo' post='887104' date='Jul 6 2010, 11:09 AM']Out of curiosity, how much would cost (roughly) to get this amp serviced and replace the tubes and that?

Thanks[/quote]

All depends how much you want to pay 6L6 tubes are anywhere from about £12 each up to £50 each, you need 4. Pre-amp tubes are from about £8 up to £40 each. I just replaced the whole lot with EHX, sounds great.

As for servicing, is there a particular problem?

Mine was running really bad a couple of years ago, so i replaced all the caps, resistors, diodes etc even ended up making my own component mount boards as the wax boards were in a right state and full of moiusture.

I had to then repair the enclosure and re-tolex it.

It now sounds and looks awesome, cost me way more than it's worth though, it kind of became an obsession.. as these projects do :)

cheers

thebassman

I've been after one for a while that's all and there's one on evilBay at the moment that says it could do with a service. Though the reserve he's set is probably a bit high if it does need a fair bit replacing on it.

Kev

[quote name='thebassman' post='887135' date='Jul 6 2010, 11:41 AM']All depends how much you want to pay 6L6 tubes are anywhere from about £12 each up to £50 each, you need 4. Pre-amp tubes are from about £8 up to £40 each. I just replaced the whole lot with EHX, sounds great.

As for servicing, is there a particular problem?

Mine was running really bad a couple of years ago, so i replaced all the caps, resistors, diodes etc even ended up making my own component mount boards as the wax boards were in a right state and full of moiusture.

I had to then repair the enclosure and re-tolex it.

It now sounds and looks awesome, cost me way more than it's worth though, it kind of became an obsession.. as these projects do :)

cheers

thebassman[/quote]

hey bassman

any particular place you bought the valves - I've had a look on Hotrox already, but any other recs appreciated -

[quote name='Jigster' post='887681' date='Jul 6 2010, 07:17 PM']hey bassman

any particular place you bought the valves - I've had a look on Hotrox already, but any other recs appreciated -[/quote]

I always use Watford valves, they have a good stock and are very knowledgeable.

Cheers

Thebassman

I've beenusing Mark at HotRox for about 15 years now for Bassman service. He's alays done a great job at a fair price and he really knows his onions around amps and valves. Reckon he'd be tought to beat on price too. He'd probably price match too, if you can get same thing cheaper elsewhere.