Why become a member? ×

FENDER JAZZ WITH EXTREMELY LOW OUTPUT SIGNAL

EUROSTEVE

I've got an S1 Jazz which I though was quite quiet too. Wasn't a problem though, I just upped the gain on my amp, (I could never get it to clip though).
For a completely different reason, it is now wearing a pair of Wizard 84's, which are alot hotter than the stock pups. The downside of this is that they've lost abit of top end sparkle, (higher notes growl instead of ring out), and lower down things can get a little thunderous, especially when the series switch is on.
Before the pickup change, a friend bought their mexican jazz to a practice so I A/B'ed both instruments and have to say, whilst the mexicans pups were much louder, they didn't have near the overall depth of tone the stock american pups do.

[quote name='Shambo' post='878404' date='Jun 26 2010, 07:49 PM']I've got an S1 Jazz which I though was quite quiet too. Wasn't a problem though, I just upped the gain on my amp, (I could never get it to clip though).
For a completely different reason, it is now wearing a pair of Wizard 84's, which are alot hotter than the stock pups. The downside of this is that they've lost abit of top end sparkle, (higher notes growl instead of ring out), and lower down things can get a little thunderous, especially when the series switch is on.
Before the pickup change, a friend bought their mexican jazz to a practice so I A/B'ed both instruments and have to say, whilst the mexicans pups were much louder, they didn't have near the overall depth of tone the stock american pups do.[/quote]
Cheers for the reply man but it's insanely quiet, like having both gain and master volume at 8 on my SVT Classic and just getting notes through, I've checked obvious things like leads etc : /

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='878425' date='Jun 26 2010, 08:27 PM']Have you also checked that it's the bass and not the amp? Ie by running the bass through something else or using a different bass through the same amp?[/quote]
Yeah tried different basses etc deff the jazz

Just got it for a couple of days to see if I wana buy it from a guy, will get the guitar tech to look a it on Monday

Cheers guys :)