Why become a member? ×

Sold ! Fender Jazz 1984 MIJ - Olympic White

Shonks

[quote name='BB2000' post='877841' date='Jun 25 2010, 10:30 PM']How on earth can you describe a bass with dings, dents and pitting as being in overall excellent condition :)

Are you an estate agent?[/quote]

what are you, a drummer??
I'll try and make it easier for you:

its in a great condition for its age....(there you go)

because for a gigging bass of 26 years of age dings are expected - the condition also refers too fret wear straightness of the neck and the sound.
I never said it was 'mint'.
Besides an older guitar that's in mint condition infers that it ain't that great to play!!

feel better now?

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' post='878030' date='Jun 26 2010, 10:06 AM']what are you, a drummer??
I'll try and make it easier for you:

its in a great condition for its age....(there you go)

because for a gigging bass of 26 years of age dings are expected - the condition also refers too fret wear straightness of the neck and the sound.
I never said it was 'mint'.
Besides an older guitar that's in mint condition infers that it ain't that great to play!!

feel better now?[/quote]

ha ha! brilliant mate! some people really has no better things to do...
I also have japanese jazz bass - best jazz ever had. and it has that same metal wire out from bridge pup. what those guys did with these? some kind of grounding wire or what?
mine has hum even with the wire. what gives?

[quote name='dr1' post='878305' date='Jun 26 2010, 05:51 PM']ha ha! brilliant mate! some people really has no better things to do...
I also have japanese jazz bass - best jazz ever had. and it has that same metal wire out from bridge pup. what those guys did with these? some kind of grounding wire or what?
mine has hum even with the wire. what gives?[/quote]
I think they forgot to tunnel from the bridge to the control cavity, so they grounded the strings with a copper tape behind the pickup.
It became a bit of a trade mark for the early Jap basses which has become an authentication that its the real McCoy.
I don't mind it.
Mine doesn't 'hum'. The ground wire must have come off on yours, I'd check it out....
all the best!!