Why become a member? ×

Using my UK Trace Elliot AH300SMC head in the USA

Hi guys,

I've posted on a few other sites in regards to a little issue I'm having. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

I just shipped my UK based Trace Elliot AH300SMC head out to the USA (where I now reside), and I'm concerned about voltage.

Do you know if this amp is able to make the conversion to 110V from 230V seemlessly (aside from changing the fuses)? My friend owns his own repair shop and he's looking at it for me, but in the meantime I was hoping somebody might be able to educate me in my amps inner workings a little!

Thanks guys, I look forward to any insight you might be able to offer.

TBH

[quote name='Delberthot' post='877969' date='Jun 26 2010, 01:27 AM']I don't remember these being voltage switchable but I'm sure British Audio Services will be able to oblige if its an amp you plan on keeping[/quote]

The good good guys at British Audio Services advised there was a dual primary for this amp, so opened it up to be greated with it wired in series (hooray!!).

I just need to wire it parallel, and swap the fuse and I'm good to go.