Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite Black Beauty Fully Loaded

crez5150

Hi Guys

Am thinking about offering a trade on my Kingbass Black Beauty 4 string, fully loaded with red LED's... What I really want is a 5 string version but as these are rarer than hens teeth, I'm looking for 5 string kingbass fully loaded..... any offers?

Or would contemplate a sale at £2k

Front & Side Red LED's

Woven graphite through-neck, 24 frets and zero fret as standard The BendWellTM fingerboard is a custom option. It is a 32” scale length with a recess behind the top-nut that allows you to add vibrato effects or bend the string up to two semi-tones. Phenolic fingerboard. Dual-action truss-rod Finished in deep black gloss lacquer with natural wood maple / alder ‘binding’. Uses standard double-ball or regular single-ball strings using locking screws supplied 19mm string spacing Compact, double-cutaway alder body with a book-matched maple arched top 2 x Status soap-bar pickups Active treble/bass, cut/boost plus variable frequency midrange switchable for boost/flat/cut. 18 volt battery supply, black hardware

Oh and goes without saying that it comes with the original Status Hiscox case

Edited by crez5150

Many thanks Rich.... If anyone knows a good Statii when they see one it's you!
I'm a bit gutted to be selling her but she rarely gets played these days and she's far too pretty to be stuck in a case in the studio.

If only she had an extra string I'd never need another bass..... Ever!

I had a feeling that was in the offing, Jay. [i]And there was me thinking of offering to trade Miss.Myrtle for your BB...[/i] [b]ONLY JOKING![/b] :)

Do you find the same as I do, that although the Status 5-string necks are about the fastest of their type on the planet, the sheer narrowness of the 4-string neck makes it utterly effortless and faster than you yourself could possibly ever play?

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='899089' date='Jul 19 2010, 04:12 PM']I had a feeling that was in the offing, Jay. [i]And there was me thinking of offering to trade Miss.Myrtle for your BB...[/i] [b]ONLY JOKING![/b] :)

Do you find the same as I do, that although the Status 5-string necks are about the fastest of their type on the planet, the sheer narrowness of the 4-string neck makes it utterly effortless and faster than you yourself could possibly ever play?[/quote]

I cannot believe that I was thinking of offloading this..... stupid stupid man...... Your'e absolutely correct about the necks.... things is Rich I really only play 5ers these days and I've just realised that I'm going to have to outlay vast amounts of cash over the next few months to have a 5 string version of the Black Beauty built for me..... Sucks huh :rolleyes:

[quote name='crez5150' post='899098' date='Jul 19 2010, 04:23 PM']I cannot believe that I was thinking of offloading this..... stupid stupid man...... Your'e absolutely correct about the necks.... things is Rich I really only play 5ers these days and I've just realised that I'm going to have to outlay vast amounts of cash over the next few months to have a 5 string version of the Black Beauty built for me..... Sucks huh :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ah well, Jay - At least the payoff will be that you'll end up with the bass you really want - And you'll have the matching four string as well. How cool is that?! :)

• 2 months later...