Why become a member? ×

'ning all!

Shirezy

'ning all. Just dropping by to say hello, been lurking for a while (since the web blocker at work started going strange i believe) and thought it was time i signed up.

I play for Gone til Winter and have done for three years now (www.myspace.com/gonetilwintermusic) and generally lurk around manchester.

Hey Shirezy, we've met a veerrryyy long time ago in the Alma and spoken on BMC. Glad to see you've signed up. Gone till Winter seem to doing well, haven't seen you guys play yet but I here good things.

Looking forward to many discussions around bass with you on the forum.

Simon

[quote name='El Bajo' post='875817' date='Jun 23 2010, 08:32 PM']Hey Shirezy, we've met a veerrryyy long time ago in the Alma and spoken on BMC. Glad to see you've signed up. Gone till Winter seem to doing well, haven't seen you guys play yet but I here good things.

Looking forward to many discussions around bass with you on the forum.

Simon[/quote]

ah yeah man, how's tricks? still got the Mark Bass gear i see. you up to much these days?

we're doing alright at the moment thanks, had a bit of a boon on the gigs front of late so that's looking good. new material is shaping up nicely and i think i've finally stopped buying gear... for the time being. well, until i go down to bass direct and get some nordstrand p'ups for a bit of a project someone's planning. or if i see a nice bit of warwick in the for sale area... dammit, the gear twitch never goes away!

We're actually down at Grand Central on the 1st of July if you're knocking around those parts.

Cheers for the hellos from everyone too!

Thats a school day, ball and chain would never let me out! I've got a baby these days so band stuff is on a break for me,though I have joined a pub covers band to get some live experience, just waiting for them to get their ass in gear to start practicing.

Yeah the Markbass has held up well, thanks for the advice on that one.

Look forward to hearing the new music.

[quote name='El Bajo' post='876622' date='Jun 24 2010, 05:11 PM']Thats a school day, ball and chain would never let me out! I've got a baby these days so band stuff is on a break for me,though I have joined a pub covers band to get some live experience, just waiting for them to get their ass in gear to start practicing.

Yeah the Markbass has held up well, thanks for the advice on that one.

Look forward to hearing the new music.[/quote]

Hehe, Thursday's can be a little inconvient. I'm pretty lucky in that respect, Friday is a short day where I'm working. You'll have to get whipping that band into shape and get yourself out and about!

I actually had a minor disaster with my Mark Bass head this year. I blew the power board! I blame the dodgy wiring in the practise room, other people may well blame me for being a pillock and not noticing my extension lead wasn't surge protected. Live and learn, normally when you have to pay for a repair bill...

[quote name='Shirezy' post='877128' date='Jun 25 2010, 09:17 AM']Hehe, Thursday's can be a little inconvient. I'm pretty lucky in that respect, Friday is a short day where I'm working. You'll have to get whipping that band into shape and get yourself out and about!

I actually had a minor disaster with my Mark Bass head this year. I blew the power board! I blame the dodgy wiring in the practise room, other people may well blame me for being a pillock and not noticing my extension lead wasn't surge protected. Live and learn, normally when you have to pay for a repair bill...[/quote]

Holy sh@t!!!!!!!!

I've started to hear a few defects in Markbasses from users on various forums. I don't think they are common but when something does happen its usually pretty dire! I'd best check my lead in case the samething happens. Its not something one would expect or check especially with a high end company.

[quote name='El Bajo' post='877268' date='Jun 25 2010, 11:45 AM']Holy sh@t!!!!!!!!

I've started to hear a few defects in Markbasses from users on various forums. I don't think they are common but when something does happen its usually pretty dire! I'd best check my lead in case the samething happens. Its not something one would expect or check especially with a high end company.[/quote]

Just make sure you use a surge protected extension I reckon, the power in the practise rooms isn't the cleanest (there's also a ground loop somewhere that my compressor is picking up on... doesn't do it anywhere else) of things where we are so I REALLY should have known better.