Why become a member? ×

Just Wanted to Say Hello

GT40Graham

Hi All,

I'm Graham and I live out in the sticks in North Yorkshire not far from York.

I've been playing bass for over 30 years although I haven't seen much action in recent years due to other commitments but that's about to change. I also play some guitar and keyboards and I'm also a bit of a guitar and bass collector.

Gear includes:

Rickenbacker 4001 - got this for my 18th birthday, my second bass ever. The first was a Grant Violin Bass which was a Hofner copy, long since part-ex'd.
Fender Jazz Bass - this is one of the Fender Japan jobs and it's superb.
Hofner Violin Bass - finally bought one of these about 3 years ago after a 25 year wait!
Fender Telecaster Bass - the big humbucker job. I was loaned this when my Rick was in for some fret work, it was that horrible puss-yellow colour and it had been banged about a bit. I grew to like it and bought it. I've since added a pair of Jazz Bass pick ups and rewired it to stereo. I wish now that I hadn't as these days they're worth a bob or two.

Amp is a Marshall MB4210 combo which I've only just got so not fully up to speed with it. Over the years I've used Fender, Hiwatt and Marshall amps with Acoustic cabs but this new combo is far "tighter" and a lot more powerful and doesn't fill a bedroom, how things have changed. I also use a Bass Pod XT Live which my better half bought me for me. I replaces a Behringer Bas V-Amp Pro which isn't a patch on the Bass Pod.

I've also got a set of the new Moog Taurus 3 Bass Pedals so I'm practising not falling over.

Major influences are The Beatles, Rush, Yes and a lot more besides. I'm a bit of a Rickenbacker nut so I do tend to like bands that have a Rick-playing bassist although this doesn't include Motorhead! No offence to any Lemmy fans.

Regards,

Graham.

Edited by GT40Graham