Why become a member? ×

SR600.

DreadAlert

Hey guys.

Been looking at some of Ibanez's Soungear basses.

I've come across an SR600 at a store, and I'm not really sure if I should get it over the SR500. I can find barely anything about the SR600 on the internet.

What are the differences between the two and which do you prefer if you've tried both? I prefer the looks of the SR600, but I can't compare any sound yet.

Thanks.
-DreadAlert-

[quote name='DreadAlert' post='873702' date='Jun 21 2010, 06:11 PM']Hey guys.

Been looking at some of Ibanez's Soungear basses.

I've come across an SR600 at a store, and I'm not really sure if I should get it over the SR500. I can find barely anything about the SR600 on the internet.

What are the differences between the two and which do you prefer if you've tried both? I prefer the looks of the SR600, but I can't compare any sound yet.

Thanks.
-DreadAlert-[/quote]

I think you can have a look at it on Ibanez's American (US) web-site. Go to ibanez.com and select the US "country frame". From what I remember the main difference is the body wood. Ash instead of mahogany. Electronically identical.

Balcro.

PS. From my checks about 3 months ago, I was under the impression that the SR600 was only ever intended for the North American market. It wasn't listed anywhere near in Europe.

Edited by Balcro

[quote name='johnny_frog' post='875162' date='Jun 23 2010, 10:13 AM']some blurb about them in here

[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=09110413563148"]SR600 at guitarguitar[/url][/quote]

Thanks for that. :) I've heard good things about those bartolini pups in the SR500/600. The EQ is good from what I've heard too..?
I really dig the shape and feel of the SR600, aswell as how light it was!
I seem to have a love for black bridges. I just love the black matte finish.

So am I right in thinking that the SR500 and SR600 are exactly the same except for Body Wood?

Thanks.

Edited by DreadAlert

[quote name='DreadAlert' post='875477' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:53 PM']Thanks for that. :) I've heard good things about those bartolini pups in the SR500/600. The EQ is good from what I've heard too..?
I really dig the shape and feel of the SR600, aswell as how light it was!
I seem to have a love for black bridges. I just love the black matte finish.

So am I right in thinking that the SR500 and SR600 are exactly the same except for Body Wood?

Thanks.[/quote]

I agree. It does look nice in natural.

As I said above, I think they're identical apart from the body wood and the hardware cosmetics.

I tried an Sr500 some months ago. Amazingly light and easy to handle. Presumably the SR600 will be even lighter. I didn't buy one, but only because it didn't do the jazz-like sound I was looking for. I would guess that the ash body would bring out a slightly cleaner tone to the sound in general and maybe to the leading edge of the sound. Try an Sr500 - widely stocked - and go from there.

Balcro.

Edited by Balcro